Mood Beads

mausketeer

Has anyone on here worked with any of these coated polymer clay mood beads? I just discovered them (I'm so out of it I have NO idea how long they've been around). They are quite pretty I think, and the designs lend themselves perfectly to pearl work (mermaids, turtles, sea urchins). Thoughts? Think they're too cheesy? I like the regular design ones personally......
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/162...-orb-color-changing-mood?ref=shop_home_active

Jodie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 23
Jodie,

Gosh, these beads look beautiful and very artistically created, somewhat with colors that can be achieved in glass like lampwork. Are they like the old "mood" beads, that changed color as they warmed or is that the brand? Looks like the shapes would also compliment pearls~

Yes - they're thermoreactive (react to your body temperature, just like the stuff from the '70's!). Totally cool, right? I bought nine ringed south sea pearls with large holes. I'm stringing them on a leather cord and I wanted to mix them with something "fun" to make them feel a bit more casual (it's rare for me to wear something other than tshirts and jeans, or my tie dyed hippie clothes!). I was leaning towards carved pyrite skull beads, then I saw these neat mood beads!

Here are the pearls - and some skull beads......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 29
Oh Jody, the mood beads for sure. Those colors with the white pearls should really pop! I just discovered they have "mood" nail polish now too :)

Love the mood beads and the skulls. Maybe not together. The pearly hippie/bohemian look is a winner! :)

Oh Jody, the mood beads for sure. Those colors with the white pearls should really pop! I just discovered they have "mood" nail polish now too :)

Get Out ! Really? Moody nail polish, how cool! unless it turns cadaver green or blue or black. I have trouble with seeing the 'cool' in cadaver camp.

I was a teen when Twiggy and Carnaby St were all the rage. That means blue eye shadow and pale lipstick, you young whipper-snappers! So I was all mod looking and pleased with myself until my Dad (a surgeon) said "For God's sake, why do you want to look like a corpse?"

Yes to the cheerful little balls!

Ooh! Mood nail polish??? I have some UV polish, I wonder if it's the same? (changes colour in the sun, really cool!).

Jodie

Get Out ! Really? Moody nail polish, how cool! unless it turns cadaver green or blue or black. I have trouble with seeing the 'cool' in cadaver camp.

I was a teen when Twiggy and Carnaby St were all the rage. That means blue eye shadow and pale lipstick, you young whipper-snappers! So I was all mod looking and pleased with myself until my Dad (a surgeon) said "For God's sake, why do you want to look like a corpse?"

Yes to the cheerful little balls!

Ooh, Carnaby street style was the coolest! I'm so mad I missed the sixties! I was a full-out goth in my twenties (the eighties). I didn't see the sun for about ten years, lol. Still have my love for skulls and macabre things (but also love sparkle and hippie!).

Jodie

Hehehe...getting to loiiik you, getting to know what to say

Hey! We're virtual-ruckusing over the virtual-ethers in a virtual-singalong! Let's break into a soft-shoe!

Yeah, Jodie it was fun. Looking back, though, i think we were all kind of intensely goofy. Getting the giggles now...We're having fun now too, right?!?

Last edited:
save the pyrite skulls for some moody dark ringed tahitians, i say. i do love those - add some "black pearls" for that whole ghost pirate ship/capt jack sparrow feel.

also? you guys are silly. :)

Intensely goofy - goofily intense! ??? Fun. :D:cool::D We were cool. And Fun. Seriously Fun;). Hehehe.

Come, join the 'silly' , JulieBeth :cool:

Last edited:
Jodie, did you buy a bunch of moody beads, or are you still looking around?

Back