Mikimoto purchased this weekend

goodluckkitty

Community member
I saw a set of Mikimoto pearls for sale in their original box. The woman said they were 5-5.5 mm, with 18K clasp. The clasp looked authentic from her picture. She said they were "never worn." She was selling them for her daughter in law, who got them for a sweet 16. They had been for sale for several weeks, and she said no one else had even contacted her!

My mom and younger sister are more experienced in jewelry, and my mom warned me that 5mm, even in Mikimoto, as the smallest size they sell, would not be so desirable.

Imagine my delight when I got there and on the side of the original red box is an original tag which reads:
G 70717
7X3.5MM
17"

I just called Mikimoto and the representative told me that item number is from 2001 (hence no M hang tag.)

I used to buy and sell antique American coin and sterling flatware for a living, so I had anticipated I would "flip" these as I try to ramp up my business again, but now that I have them.......

Her price?

I didn't try to haggle!

$400

NECK SHOTS!!! It's a requirement. Plus I'd love to see them. It sounds like you got a steal!

I was on my phone and couldn't figure it out. I think I got it!

Attachments

• IMG_8217.jpg
    IMG_8217.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8215.jpg
    IMG_8215.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8218.jpg
    IMG_8218.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8435.jpg
    IMG_8435.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 32
OK, I thought I got them uploaded from the album I created on my profile. I think they might be pending moderator approval?

So beautiful!

Lovely! Are those Blue Lagoon next to them? If so, I didn't realize there would be such a difference in color. Congrats!

That's not a Blue Lagoon clasp. At least, it doesn't look like the Blue Lagoon clasp on my Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand.

What is the brand of the strand you are comparing the Miki's to?

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Not blue Lagoon by Mikimoto, but Sea Magic by Mikimoto.
They probably deserve their own post, because it is a Sea Magic bracelet and necklace set that don't match in color!
Honestly, holding the Mikimoto and the Sea Magic by Mikimoto, I thought no one would know the difference except the color. But I am a novice.

Attachments

• IMG_8648.jpg
    IMG_8648.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8641.jpg
    IMG_8641.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31
Back