Mikimoto clasp question

framboise

Hi everyone! I'm a complete pearl newbie who would love some advice. I recently purchased my first pearl bracelet and since I didn't want to spend too much on it, I picked an inexpensive 4mm bracelet from Mikimoto and imported it from Japan.

It's definitely authentic as the personal shopper purchased it at a Mikimoto counter, and it came with all the packaging and receipt, but it doesn't have the signature clasp - does anyone know why this is? Thanks in advance for any input :)

MF5Dkh8.jpg

Is the signature Mikimoto clasp only used with bigger and more expensive pearls? I can't find this bracelet on the Mikimoto website, and the only one I can find with a similar clasp (but without the dangling "M" ) is this one:
zwhIxC2.jpg

Welcome, Framboise,

Your new bracelet is delicate and very pretty! Is the clasp white gold? Also wondering why a more distinctive clasp wasn't used. However, this type clasp is very secure and light weight. We are always interested in seeing Miki jewelry here. Thank you for sharing your story.

The clasp is more expensive than the pearls, so to keep the cost down for an inexpensive piece, it has a rather un-Mikimoto type clasp. The position of the "M" looks odd to me. Usually Mikimoto places the M one to three pearls in from the clasp, but again, this isn't their normal clasp, and the pearls are very small.

Back