metal vs. satin?

m4816k

Community member
Which do you prefer - pearls with metallic, or those with more satiny surface?

I think most tahitian and akoya would probably fit in the first group, while freshwaters and south seas would mostly fall into second (although there are no rules...).

I personally prefer satin luster, cause those seem to glow (or maybe it's my imagination?) and look nice regardless of light shining upon them, while metallic ones definately look their best under spot lights or other direct light.

What do you think?

I appreciate the qualities of both; however, I gave my sis one of PearlParadise's white fw necklaces for Mother's Day. When she sent me a pic of her wearing them, they glowed like they were emanating light....so I guess that means I prefer FW. :D

Thank Heavens I don't have to choose at all! But I would say I have seen more, far more, true metallic looking freshwater of all shapes and sizes than any other!

Last edited by a moderator:

What do you think?

Yes please, every pearl has a creation waiting for it.

cheers

Ash

Originally Posted by m4816k

What do you think?

I'm happy as long as the pearls have one or the other.
Just show me the luster!
barbie

I'm enthralled by both, of course.

I will say that the white SS keishis I have are just amazing with their satin and overtones, though. Which reminds me that I need to get on the photography...!

I'm enthralled by both, of course.

I will say that the white SS keishis I have are just amazing with their satin and overtones, though. Which reminds me that I need to get on the photography...!

Yes dear, you do!!! :D

Back