Mandy's Pearls

Mandy

This has been a while in the making, and I still don't have much to show but I did want to make my own little niche here in the forums for those who are curious and wish to comment :)

First up is my pink untreated freshwater strand from Pearl Paradise, per knotty panda's request! It's not the complete strand because I really wanted to capture sections of it and dedicate each part of the necklace especially. I did take other images of it but I don't know where they are; probably still stuck in my camera *sigh*.Taken in natural light and slightly enhanced to show more of their color seen in real life.
IMG_0193a.jpg

Next up are two pieces made by hand for my mother and for myself, as well as a pearl pendant from an unlikely source. Stay tuned ;)

Mandy: Lovely, gorgeous. I like the idea of showing a portion of the piece. It gives us photog novices another idea of how to do our pearls justice. Sweet colors. Feminine, alluring. Now, as for the other pieces ... remember, I do not do suspense well! Post quickly!

Talk about super thread resurrection!

I finally got around to finish the photos of my peachy pink FW baroque necklace (mentioned in my first post) as well as taking pictures of a few other pearlies I have acquired since then!

All of these photos were taken in natural light.

More of the FW baroque peachy pinks...

001.jpg
003.jpg

002.jpg
004.jpg

You can see my dinky camera in the pearls too!

Last edited:
Now for the untreated FW pearls offered by Pearl Paradise earlier this year!

005.jpg
006-1.jpg

007.jpg

(My favorite pearl here is right next to the clasp to the right!)

These next few ones come from a source you won't see people recommend too often: Amazon.com! :p

Listed as a "cultured freshwater pearl" it was only ~$22 dollars, it's a nice white-cream color with no blemished to my eyes. Set with a "bunny ear" 14k yellow gold bail and chain. It also came with a navy blue box, velvet pouch and handy paper pamphlet saying how to take care of jewelry and pearls. You can also see my dinky camera on the surface, lol. Judge for yourself!

Mandyspearls001.jpg
Mandyspearls003.jpg

Mandyspearls002.jpg

Last edited:
Last post! This one is actually a very old piece, at least ten or so years old and given to me by my mother one day when we were visiting Saks Fifth Avenue. It's a faux pearl since it didn't pass the tooth test and has, what I believe, a sterling silver bail coated in 18k yellow gold. The white stone is CZ (doesn't really sparkle here cause the lighting was bad).

I liked it alright when I first got it but it stayed in my mom's jewelry closet for years before I rediscovered it a few years back. These days it's one of my favorite pieces to wear on a whim, even if it isn't a real pearl :p

Mandyspearls007.jpg
Mandyspearls010.jpg

Mandyspearls008.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mandy - I love your pastel pearls - all lovely, and I agree about the pearl next to the clasp! Gorgeous colour!

I like both your pendants, too - wouldn't be at all phased with wearing a faux pearl... and the fact that it was bought for you by your mother just makes it more special!

I think I'll leave em as is :) But the future always has it's possibilities hehe.

Mandy,

You have some great pearls there! Also amazing Exotics, like the one by the clasp, they are mesmerizing!

What fun you seem to have been having Pattye, Keep it up! I like what you have done so far! Keep up the nice stuff.. its great!

More pearl photos for all of you! This time of Terry's white biwas, a green FW pearl pendant and something a bit more random: a single wire-wrapped pendant featuring one of Jeremy's blue-silver baroque akoyas! Given to me courtesy of boo :)

I kept the photos to their original sizes so just follow the links; they're so big that they're break apart the forum layout!

First off, the white biwas! These pearls are so dainty and fun...I love them :)

Next, a 9-10mm green dyed freshwater pendant, also from Terry. I love the color green; it's easily my favorite color ever! I also thing green and yellow/gold go so well together so when I saw this pendant available on the sale page, I HAD to get one.

And finally, the silver akoya pendant!
This was made and given to me by boo who sent me a PM on the forums asking me if I wanted one of Jeremy's special akoya pearls. I had missed the special the day it appeared due to being in class and when I returned all the strands were sold.

These photos didn't come out as great as the others but you can still see the rainbow of color the pearl has. It has everything from blue, silver, pink and green. These akoyas were a real treat to any who got them!

Mandy (or others), I have a dumb question about the shape of your pearls in the very first picture. I'm referring to the beautiful pinkish necklace with the simple ball clasp... How would you describe the shape of those pearls? They are smooth, and they are not purely nuggets. I believe some of the pearls are flat on one side (see the one at the top of the picture), while others are not? If you were looking for this shape from a supplier, what would you call them?

If I'm not mistaken, those are the freshwater baroques Jeremy did a special offer with last year. I would search under "freshwater baroque".

Hi Mandy,
Thanks for the photos. - you have some real stunners ....
That green pearl is such a lovely shade.

Doug - yes, I call those peach pearls baroques too.

And finally, the silver akoya pendant!
. . . These photos didn't come out as great as the others but you can still see the rainbow of color the pearl has. It has everything from blue, silver, pink and green. These akoyas were a real treat to any who got them!

Yowsah! Yowsah! Yowsah! That baroque Akoya is *killer*--it's got such orient!!!

Also, Mandy, I like the quality of your photos! Thanks for sharing--and that pear-shaped "faux" pearl. If you don't tell anyone, no one will know it's not an $$$ heirloom. Really lovely pendant.

Must... shop... Amazon.com!!!
CarolK

Mandy (or others), I have a dumb question about the shape of your pearls in the very first picture. I'm referring to the beautiful pinkish necklace with the simple ball clasp... How would you describe the shape of those pearls? They are smooth, and they are not purely nuggets. I believe some of the pearls are flat on one side (see the one at the top of the picture), while others are not? If you were looking for this shape from a supplier, what would you call them?

These are simply called baroque and the most of the pearls range in around 10mm, giving the necklace a nice weight! :) I love them; they're so feminine and vibrant.

Mandy,

Thanks for the additional photos! The akoya pendant is amazing! How nice of Boo to make it for you. I don't think she has been around here lately. And the green is fun also!

By the way, Mandy-- those pink FW baroques are just luscious! What great color!

Back