Loot!

So far I have only drilled one strand and a customer came in to select the loose pearls personally. I know Kirsten matched a triple-strand bracelet but I have not received the word to drill that one yet.

We have been trying to come up with ways to make something nice with the "loot" pearls without the pieces becoming prohibitively expensive. We might do something as simple as a charm bracelet.

I am in Sao Paulo and will not be back until next week so there will be no playing with those pearls for a while!

jshepherd said:
We might do something as simple as a charm bracelet.

That would be charming :cool: The pearls seem practically meant for charms... I was thinking necklace with drops while you wrote 'bracelet'.

I love the idea of a charm bracelet with tahitians! Beautiful and more affordable too.

I really like salem's idea of a tin cup style necklace, or even bracelet - it would highlight the wonderful colours. A full strand might be seriously unaffordable.

I really like the idea of a charm bracelet, but all the other poor charm bracelets out there would hang their heads in shame...

Jen put this one together the day I left from Brazil. We have not done much in the way of "charm" bracelets before.

charm-bracelet.jpg

It would not be too difficult to do a similar piece as a necklace. But pearls hanging from a chain a different incremental places might not work the way it does on the wrist. A tin-cup style might be a better idea.

I think it works.

I saw Kojima Sarah's Tahitian rope she wears as a bracelet -with a dangling Tahitian on it - get banged around- even as I watched. She said she's worn it daily for seven years. That is a lot of banging around and it seems none the worse for wear.

So I would not worry about a Tahitian charm bracelet getting damaged by a lot of wear, either. I know how tough those babies are. Actually, I think it would wear less than a Tahitian on a leather cord.

Hi Jeremy,

That turned out great! I think with a necklace and pearls dangling like that, the pearls could just go across the front 6-7 inches or so, and the rest plain chain. Or, how about a pretty textured chain? I would still settle for a few loose pearls too, they are amazing! ;) Whatever you decide, hungry Pearl Piranhas are lurking, circling---------------

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Hi Jeremy,

Would the charm bracelet be adjustable in length? The standard 7.5" is way too long for me. I am sure some other women face the same problem too. If there was an option of a pearl-dangling-necklace, it would be nice if it was adjustable too.:)

Cheers,
Pernula

Tahitian bracelet

Tahitian bracelet

Speaking of bracelets, I found this one on another site and really like the design since I wouldn't always worry about the pearls dangling. Do you think it would be easier to wear?

Attachments

• tahbraceletjpg.jpg
    tahbraceletjpg.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 40
Having a little experience with this, the dangling pearl bracelet is easier to wear. If the tin cup bracelet isn't very loose, the width of the pearls makes the chain stand up away from the skin.

Plus, those dangles are going to wiggle seductively. I like seductive! ;)

Hi Jeremy,

That turned out great! I think with a necklace and pearls dangling like that, the pearls could just go across the front 6-7 inches or so, and the rest plain chain. Or, how about a pretty textured chain? I would still settle for a few loose pearls too, they are amazing! ;) Whatever you decide, hungry Pearl Piranhas are lurking, circling---------------

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I agree with Pattye. Concentrating the pearls in front is a great idea, and also more comfortable. ;)

I like both styles.
Pernula, I have the same problem with the large sized bracelets.

Having a little experience with this, the dangling pearl bracelet is easier to wear. If the tin cup bracelet isn't very loose, the width of the pearls makes the chain stand up away from the skin.

Plus, those dangles are going to wiggle seductively. I like seductive! ;)

Both styles are nice, but the movement of the dangles does give them a special allure as Blaire indicated. I would like the chain to fit pretty nice around the wrist though, if the chain is already loose the dangles are almost at knuckles level when your hands are down.

I also like Pattye's idea of having pearls dangle in front for a necklace with the rest being a plain chain. The drop shape pearls seem to fit that better, IMHO.

Pernula

Last edited:
It sounds like we've almost finished designing Jeremy's jewelry! :D

I personally like the drop pearls charms - more dangly movement. Also, I know I mentioned this necklace before but I don't think I ever posted a picture. These are my largest baroque akoyas on a sterling chain. I think a Tahitian version would be great! (BTW, the ones on the right side of the photo aren't laying flat because my arm is lifting the camera)

Attachments

• baroque drops.jpg
    baroque drops.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 41
I love the pearl charm bracelet with the hanging charms but would increase my love it it ended with a pearl dangle, giving the option of doing up the clasp at the appropriate link to fit wrist sizes. LIke this one https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2467
Also love the idea of a necklace with dangling pearl charms!

Last edited:
Back