Loot!

Perfect example, Boo!

With slightly larger Tahitians, they could even space out a tiny bit more and five would still look great! That was soooooo smart to do that with the akoyas, bet you wear them alot!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

p

p

Ditto to those who said the bracelets are more desirable if the length can be adjusted. I will need 6.75" or 7" max. Tin Cup necklace with pearls in front only is also a very nice option. I love the bracelet Jen put together, different Tahitian shades.... DROOL !!!

Jeremy, will you offer both white and yellow gold? I feel like a kid waiting for candies...

Last edited:
Boo,

Love your necklace! If I could have just half your talents....:)

Pernula

Last edited:
I love the pearl charm bracelet with the hanging charms but would increase my love it it ended with a pearl dangle, giving the option of doing up the clasp at the appropriate link to fit wrist sizes. LIke this one https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2467
Also love the idea of a necklace with dangling pearl charms!

Glad she wrote all this out for me and I didn't have to! In other words, I agree.

Boo, gauges please of linked chain and wire used to wrap. :) Thanks!

Boo, gauges please of linked chain and wire used to wrap. :) Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes Boo.
With your permission (copying IS the sincerist form on flattery after all!!) I would love to use a similiar design for some extra pearls I have.
Again I love that necklace and the baroque akoyas!

Yes Boo.
With your permission (copying IS the sincerist form on flattery after all!!) I would love to use a similiar design for some extra pearls I have.
Again I love that necklace and the baroque akoyas!

Speaking of flattering theivery, I have a bunch of sandals waiting for the Boo treatment on that magic day where I get 'free time"!

Boo's work is an inspiration. :cool:

I agree. I seen a lot of Boo's work here and it is always beautiful and inspiring to me (future lowly beader waiting for supplies). This forum has started a compulsion for me!! What fun!

Robin

Sigh - I keep hijacking other folks' threads... I am putting details about the akoyas (and showing a tin cup Tahitian) on a new thread on the "Show Us Your Pearls" forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking necklaces with pearl drops... there are quite a few examples HERE (a thread resurrected recently from the depth of PG ;) ). And those pearls are nothing to write home about - just the designs. The least pearl-intensive might be good reference for those awesome baroque drops.

Where can I purchase REAL black tahitian pearls!?

Where can I purchase REAL black tahitian pearls!?

I'm trying to locate someone or somewhere that sells black tahitian pearls from Tahiti for jewelry making! It's very important that they are solely from or around Tahiti. Is this possible, if so, does anyone have any leads?

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are a few of us who wholesale Tahitian Pearls generally, and even pearl from a specific (and very good) farm (www.kamokapearls.com)#
It would help if you said where you are - then your local seller can make contact

Thanks for the response...
I'm from California...down south right now, but possibly moving to Maui in September...
I would love to be able to develop a relationship with a passionate and high quality pearl farmer from tahiti. I really desire the right quality for my creations... I have a friend moving to Tahiti soon which will definitely be cause for a visit, but until then I still need to develop a relationship with a wholesaler...help...

Thanks for the links "Waimeamomi"...love your name it's so cute.
Went to your links, but didn't find much in the way of loose pearls for jewelry making...did I look in the wrong place?

Yes, if you want a larger quantity check Josh out or Sarah at Kojima Pearls, who is in CA and carries Josh's pearls. You're going to want a resale/tax license if you don't have one already. Maui no ka oi! Except for the Big Island.

Thanks to all! Yeah, I checked out Josh and it seems like he has exactly what I'm looking for... I'll be in touch with him for sure and let him know you all sent me his way. Mahalo!

Back