Kojima pearls

I've been searching for the right link for a while w/o sucess... so you will have to believe me on my word: a strand like that made to resemble a bowstring has won one of the top pearl design awards recently. The strand was multicolour. The 'bow' of realistic size, worn across the shoulder (like a riffle, not a bow - but again, the author was a jewelry designer who may have never considered using either!). Even w/o the bow piece, the look tells an unmistakable story! ;)

[darn' wish I had the right picture here]

That's right, gotta work hard to earn that fish and rice. The rising cost of white rice these days has us cracking the whip. I guess I've been exposed.:p
Carol, we have actually joked about that a lot. We once had a french intern who stayed 8 months and lost 50lbs and you couldn't even tell. Mom would send him boxes of candy all the way from France and he'd get this little misty look in his eye on mail day. He was a great guy who everyone liked but sharing was not his strong point.

Here're the FW circle pearls that I received from Kojima, temporarily strung with gold plated balls in between. Sarah sent these quickly with a lovely handwritten note. I think these are the most adorable looking pearls and I love the concentric circles.

I wish to buy more soon but the exchange rate is terrible at the moment. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0417small.JPG
    IMG_0417small.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0411small.jpg
    IMG_0411small.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 41
Lovely colors! And I think the circle' pearls are fab! You'll model the finished strand for us won't you???

Pattye I am loving circled pearls more each day, they're full of character. I'll try to finish this necklace soon, this will be my first time knotting pearls so it might take a while.

I love circled pearls. I have a couple of new strands (from the HK show) of huge FW bead nuked ones....

It looks like a luscious ice cream sundae morphed into a strand of pearls! ;)

I was actually dreaming of these pearls tonight. No idea why and the dream didn?t make sense. There was just a guy, 60-70 years old perhaps, walking up to me saying "These pearls really have character". I think I just had kelluvpearls quote stuck in my head.

I was actually dreaming of these pearls tonight. No idea why and the dream didn?t make sense. There was just a guy, 60-70 years old perhaps, walking up to me saying "These pearls really have character". I think I just had kelluvpearls quote stuck in my head.

Love that! I guess I'm not the only one with pearl dreams! :)

I can?t even remember what he looked like, sadly. Only things that was clear in the dream was the pearls and his words.

Dreams can be so strange. I dreamed (shortly after I got my oval exotics) that they got all broken... I was so upset and lots of people offered me other jewelry because they wanted to cheer me up. It was really expensive jewelry, big diamonds etc, but I refused everything because I thought they wasn?t as good as my exotics.

Offtopic but I guess it really shows how much I like them.

Back