IS IT GENUINE TAHITIAN PEARL? ANY THOUGHTS/IDEAS pic included

Save your further comments as I would not set foot in these forums ever again.

That would be your loss.

I scarcely doubt there is a single member on this forum, who doesn't stand corrected on one issue or another. Whether we agree or disagree is not the point. The real point is to objectively listen to comments, opinions and responses then weigh them to suit individual needs.

We are not a test lab, accredited scientific institution nor experts beyond reproach. We are a group of individuals with a passion for pearls, coupled with the desire to "guide" others in making informed purchases or decisions and to provide answers to many mysteries surrounding pearls.

Right. A Tahitian that almost passes for a freshwater........... what could you get in a freshwater for half that price?

[QUOTE

I have earrings with the hinge on the bottom also. But for my taste the enhancer isn't acceptable, but not necessarily DEFECTIVE.[/QUOTE]

OK, as humble Grasshopper I bow to my teacher, not defective. xxOxx
(but I still find that tiny loop at the 'top' of the bail weird):p

I have the same bail, I though it was a "classical", easy to put over any chain size, convenient to use and good looking.
The pearl is interesting, big tahiti don't have much luster but for people who like "big" why not.
When you have never seen a good luster close to a poor luster pearl ....
Besides I am really shocked the way folks looking for free advices apply for experts overthere.
There is a clever thread recently on "how asking questions " on pearls, that could usefully have a new line :
" please ask kindly, all advices here are given free and on members' time " :)

Wiiwiwi came into the forum firing questions about is this pearl whatever and how about that pearl? He or she was challenging in tone from the outset. She thought what she thought and was not really in the market for advice. By the end of her short stay she had posted several pearls on several threads and I had lost track of which pearl was being discussed on which thread. I don't think anyone doubted that Pearl Society is reputable or that that big grey pearl is a tahitian. We're delighted she loves the pearl - we're always happy when people are happy with a pearl. However she seemed not to want to learn anything or hear any opinion other than a confirmation of her own.
A shame for there is always something new to learn

The enhancer in the photos of the original post just looked odd to me.

DK :confused:

Friends: I did get a very nice reply from Bob at ebay Pearl Society:

"One of our client requested that way so small chain can past through the extra hole. We thought it is not a bad idea, so we keep it that way.

If we make other way around then we need to hook the pearl cap on the hole, which is quite thick, so it will need large size ring; therefore the end result will not be pretty."

They do offer a variety of enhancer styles, many of which are attractive.

Hmmmm...well, thats interesting. Kind of like the Swiss Army knife of bails, I guess? Takes all kinds, ;)but for safety I'd pick a different model.

Thanks Pattye! Nothing like going to the source, is there?

Also, you guys were right, the term manufacturing defect was totally incorrect, intent- and application-wise. The term I was looking for was design flaw, and look how that turned out? The design was EXACTLY what someone wanted! Room for diversity of needs, indeed.

Last edited:
Back