If you could only have one pearl book, which would it be?

Hi... thanks for letting me know. Charon said she recently sold 3 copies, and I am sure you are one of them! She says she is out out stock again, but my name is on the list for the next batch. Thanks for letting me know! I can't wait to get my copy.

P.S. I know this is a pearl forum, but if anyone is interested about diamonds, and specifically the history of diamonds as it relates to DeBeers, a great book is The Last Empire: DeBeers, Diamonds, and World.

Has anyone read Antoinette Matlin's Definitive Buying Guide for Pearls? GIA carries it too, any feedback on that book? How does it compare to Renee Newman's book?

I have Matlin's guide but it's an older edition, 1996. There are some good stories in there and advice from experts, but few color plates-- maybe the newer edition has more? The most current one I see online is a 2008.

But if I had to buy just one, I'd go for Newman's just because it's a bit more up to date and is beautifully illustrated.

Thanks for that Pearl Dreams! I will keep that in mind. When I was at the GIA booth this Sept I did flip through Matlin's book and did think that it was pretty good. However I didn't get a chance to look at the Newman one, so thanks for that information.

Back