I want to buy my first pair of pearl earrings and I need your valuable suggestions!

Isabella

I am interested in pearl earrings and I want to buy a pair of Akoya pearl earrings and the size is about 7-8mm. But I almost know nothing about pearl but the top brand called Mikimoto. Mikimoto is wonderful but it is a little expensive for a student. So I come to this very professional pearl forum to get some valuable advice! I need your help!
I searched one on amazon but I do not know whether it is good and here is the address:
http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Akoya-...1392230124&sr=8-2&keywords=AAA+pearl+earrings
And do you think a certificate of the pearl categories is important?
My budget range is from 100-300 and if you have more options please leave your advice or internet address below!
Thank you very much!

"Carved Rings" are typical of freshwater pearls -- not akoyas. Because they are alerting you to the fact that they might have rings, they are basically telling you that they are selling freshwater pearls and hoping you will not know better. I would look for a trustworthy seller. :)

Thank you very much and that's also the reason why I hesitate and come here! Would you like to recommend some good pearl brands for me because what I know is only the Japanese brand called MIKIMOTO. And what do you think about second-hand pearl earrings like those on ebay?
"Carved Rings" are typical of freshwater pearls -- not akoyas. Because they are alerting you to the fact that they might have rings, they are basically telling you that they are selling freshwater pearls and hoping you will not know better. I would look for a trustworthy seller. :)

Hi Isabella,
I would go straight to Pearl Paradise….. period!

From either of these sellers, you can get top quality freshwater or Akoya pearl studs that will retain their beauty for a lifetime. (providing you don't hit em with hairspray :) )

All of my good pearls (necklaces, bracelets, earrings) have been purchased from Pearl Paradise, you cannot go wrong with their products, they're lovely and wonderful quality. Their customer service is fantastic. I live in Nova Scotia Canada and wouldn't deal with anyone else!

Seconding what everyone else is saying about Pearl Paradise. They are solid vendors with quality products at great prices and a reasonable return policy which comes in handy if you decide to upgrade on the size. I have a pair of white Freshadama (their top grade freshwater pearls) studs 7.5-8mm from Pearl Paradise and they are lovely!

Back