How to use these rice pearls?

jixie

For many years this cheap three strand necklace were my only pearls... it's my wedding necklace, and they worked fine for that, but otherwise not my style at all. I think they're boring and uninspired. I think I've worn them once in the last 10 years. Unlike the coral necklace I revamped, I don't have a strong feeling for this one.

wedding pearls.JPG

5x4mm rice pearls, three strand, 16" long

How would you re-purpose these?

I was thinking maybe (a) using them in between larger pearls (eh). Or (b) combine them into two longer strands, add more strands of different sizes / shapes / color to make a more interesting multi-strand necklace (better). Or (c) use these blue dyed shell beads as a "bib" hanging off the rice pearls (maybe?).

shells.JPG

Or... (d) something completely different?

How about a "new" necklace, bracelet and earring set with these. I like the Idea of the Turquoise colored beads and the pearls very trendy.

One (very) long rope, with a clasp. You can wear it as single, double or triple necklace or very wound around bracelet, or as bandolier .

I like the idea of option b. However, I really like the idea of making a bib with those turquoise shell beads.

The great thing about stringing pearls, is that it is very easy to restring them. Try one of the options and if you don't like it, restring them.

I like the idea of a bib necklace using a few of the rice pearls with the turquoise shell beads. Then maybe use the remaining rice pearls to make a double or triple bracelet?

Back