How often do you wear your pearls?

LadyBratFace

Hello;

I was lucky enough to get a beautiful strand of Hanadamas and I just love it. I was lucky enough to work through the first strand that I wasn't totally in love with and just adore this current one. I wear it almost every day and I'm starting to worry I'm going to wear them out. LOL!

I'm wondering if I should look into getting an every-day strand to save this one so it doesn't get discolored/scratched up. Looking for some feedback and see who else wears their strand every day. Any tips to keep them safe aside from wiping down each night? Is there a safe cleaning product anyone can recommend?

Do I just give into temptation and get a second pretty strand to wear on odd days? ;) (Everyone will tell me to just go with longer/bigger, I can see it now ;) )

You may want to buy a pendant. Some settings have solid backs so if you're wearing sunscreen it doesn't touch the pearl. I wear pearls daily. Mostly tahitian strands. _22164.jpg

I wear pearls daily as well. Is your Hanadama strand your only pearl piece? If so, definitely buy something else! Not out of fear that you might wear out the Hanadama (I don't think you would) but because there is so much out there to enjoy! I like the idea of a pendant. Pretty and just right if you are in the mood for something simple and straightforward.

I wear pearls daily as well. Is your Hanadama strand your only pearl piece? If so, definitely buy something else! Not out of fear that you might wear out the Hanadama (I don't think you would) but because there is so much out there to enjoy! I like the idea of a pendant. Pretty and just right if you are in the mood for something simple and straightforward.

I do have my antique Mikimoto graduated strand but it's pre WWII and once I got the Hanadama...well...the antique strand has that cream color rather than the brighter luster.

I like the idea that I pick out a couple pendants to change things up and still get to wear pearls. :D Although, having another strand would be lovely. :D
-D-

It's hard to stop at just one strand of pearls! Especially when there are so many beautiful kinds of pearls out there.

I do not wear pearls every day; I wear other jewelry as well, and quite often I wear no jewelry. Even so I enjoy having many pearls to choose from, depending on my clothing or my mood.

Cleaning pearls day by day after wearing them is not difficult. Dampen your hand, run it lightly over your pearls, and wipe them dry with a a soft cloth (I like microfiber). The microfiber is good at picking up oils from your skin and the dampness removes sweat.

If they need more of a cleaning you can place them in a bowl of mild soapy bottled water for 10 minutes or so, then rinse and lay them on a towel to dry completely before wearing again (damp silk is weak and can stretch.) Washing pearls strung with synthetic thread, which doesn't stretch when wet, is a bit easier.

I don't have a lot of pearls, but I do wear mine quite frequently, i.e. each piece is worn at least once a week. My husband jokes that I let the pearls breathe some fresh air. :p (there is some truth to it though!) I find pearls quite nice for office wear, they make a statement but are not too flashy. Standard wipedown for now. :D

Many, many years ago I got a strand of akoyas. I wore them every day for almost 15 years. I never cleaned them. If I put on perfume or makeup I still had my pearls on. If I was in shorts during the hot summer perspiring I had my pearls on. Today I still have that strand. It is not quite what it once was but I can still pull it out and wear it and sometimes I still do for sentimental sake. I have learned to be kinder with my pearls. You seem to like very high luster so consider getting a white metallic strand. The are all nacre and will wear well. Enjoy wearing your pearls.

More pearls :) :) :) Also, a pendant ... if you find a pretty pearl, maybe look for an enhancer setting for the pendant. That way you can wear the pendant on a chain, for a simple but elegant look, or clip it onto a strand of pearls for a dressier occasion.

I wear pearls whenever I’m not at work (I’m a nurse so can’t wear them at work) but I have several strands, and I rotate them to reduce wear and tear. Also I don’t have any with really thin nacre so that helps.

Really...everyone here is going to recommend you buy more pearls! ;) This is a pearl lovers forum after all. You can never have too many! But seriously...yeah...but another strand (or two, or three...) to reduce wear, and add variety, and also just because...

I wear pearls daily. I don't feel "dressed" without, at the very least, pearl earrings. My usual is a pearl necklace and pearl earrings. If I'm not at work (as a Pre-K teacher), I add a pearl ring to each hand.

I wouldn't worry about wearing out the hanadamas -- but you'll want variety if you fall as hard as we pearl peeps have...

Back