Hooked!

BAS - Ear shots may take a while. These are going into hiding as a surprise for July.

Wow, look at those beautiful mirrors!! Absolutely amazing luster on all three pearls. Love the pendant colours, too. Baroques can be sooo pretty. What a lucky wife!

Those are beautiful pearls .. and it's not unusual to have a colour difference .. hard to get an exact match. From every angle the colour changes. But as we always say here.... just remember there is a head between those two pearls...they aren't right next to each other... so slight differences are lost. They will look perfect.

Thanks for all the kind words of support!

Katbran - the variations, even without a head in between, are far from a worry. Instead, it's all part of the allure and charm of pearls. I'm fascinated how each pearl has its own character. The way I see it, its less about finding an identical twin every time and more about finding a good sister.

I would normally never chime in on a thread like this.. but first I will say thank you to Chroman! It was so much fun to work with a man who was SO into color.
Usually when a gentleman is looking to buy pearls for his wife (partner etc.) I ask them to show me a few photos of her, so that I can get a few ideas of her style and skin tone, in this case..
Chroman taught me a FANTASTIC new trick! He brought a closeup photo of his lovely wife on his I-Pad, and we held lots of pearls up to her ears to see how the different overtones would look with her skin. It was so fun! They are such interesting people and I hope she loves her new set! It was a pleasure!

That's ok as long as you don't tell her. LOL.

LOL :D its more that I love doing all the research and trying to find the best deal out there. Trying to get all the knowledge about pearls that is available. But if I ever decided to wear them, I will remember your advise and won't tell her :D

What a great idea to use the iPad and try out the pearls ! My sister just took me to Nordstoms sales on her iPad..we face timed while she walked me through the store and I picked things out lol I miss not having Nordstoms here in Australia ... but the iPad took me home!

Excellent thinking ! You are such an epic shopper Chroman !! I can't tell you how impressed I am lol

I totally suck at distinguishing between "ohhh, shiny, pretty!" and "that would look great on you". I figured that a visual aid would help find something that I really liked in its own right _and_ looked good when warn, especially with all the tahitian variation.

I did pick up a bunch of pearls that I thought looked great, and then looked meh next to the picture (the pearls were still stunning, just reserved for some other lucky recipient). So I'm glad I had the picture handy to guide me in the right direction.

This was the first time I'd tried this, but it won't be the last!

Thank you for sharing pictures of your wife's beautiful earrings. That is so sweet of you to go through all that for her gift. Great idea using iPad for pearl selection.

Chroman, How do you feel about a Tahitian pearl strung on leather for yourself, now that you've come into our world?

Pearlo, how do you feel about that? I like a bigger Tahitian on a guy.

Last edited:
Back