heat and pearls

Those are lovely earrings - and a very nice gift! Great design.

Once you get up and running on Photoshop, you'll be amazed at even just using the automatic balancing tools for color correction.

purlgurl
Love the gold, iolite and pearl earring design. All of my favorite elements artistically combined. I am happy that they were enjoyed and appreciated.
Many earring designers often forget the proper placement of the post. Continued success in your art.

Thanks Pearl Angel. It seems like 10 minutes ago I was new here too, discovering so much helpful information about my passion. Its a steep learning curve, assisted by good comments like yours.

Purlgirl , thank you for the kind comment. You are so right, it is a steep learning curve and everyone seems so helpful. I am going to start with stringing pearls and hopefully will master, once my shoulder heals. Our school system does offer basic jewelry making classes and will be looking to sign up for the summer session! So many ideas I would love to play with and execute. I have taken on home remodeling projects and succeeded so now it is time for me to work part time on my passion I know I will enjoy. Glad I never sold old gold. I see it will come in handy in the future.:)

Lisa this takes me back to my textile technology unit at Uni (about a buzillion years ago). That is correct as I remember it. I have a feeling if you burned pale coloured silk thread, you would end up with a dark dot on the end, very noticeable with pale pearls. I like Bernadette's clear nailpolish or glue.
I have melted the end of fishing line into a ball sucessfully, by passing the end near a tealight candle flame. If you hold it there too long or too close, it also burns a bit & goes brown. The FW seems to have survived, unmarked.
My 'lowly beading' lariat does not quite qualify for the 100 inch quest, I did make others which did, but they sold.... I might have to cut this one up, and start again, I'm not so happy with the colours any more.
I don't know how to include pics w quotes, and this is a 'late' post -

:eek: please don't destroy that gorgeous, colorful necklace:eek:!!!!

If I wasn't so poor (I hope poor is a temporary state) I'd offer for it!

Textiles course, what field of study were you in? I never took a textiles course, a lot of my passions are of very recent origin, but I wish to learn.

Way to go! on the earrings. Beea-uuuu-tiful! Exactly right for those of us not so happy w our earlobes any more. Brava!

So Grateful for you guys,
Lisa

Thanks Lisa & Pattye. I have a Degree in Textile Design, Jewellery was my Minor, so I did a bit of silversmithing, enamelling, perspex... the usual '80s things. I spent the intervening years working in Fashion, from Haute Couture, to bridal, to childrens clothes. I was State Manager for a very prestigious Australian Designer, where a customer (Marianna Paspaley) let me try on her KLONKS (it was a long time ago, but the centre ones must have been 18mm). That was one of those special moments where you can feel the direction of your life turning, and here I am!

purlgurl and pattye, pity you can't see my ear to ear grin........

Hmmmm-Nora, do you have a story to tell????

Well lets see,.........

How do you do two piercings at the same time?
Use a very long needle. ;););)

Actually my ears are not pierced and that is how I've lost one of PP clip earings :mad:

Purlgurl, nice and clever solution to the problem.

Back