Has anyone bought from simplyadorned4u on etsy?

nnguye20

I found this shop called simplyadorned4u on Etsy and instagram and their jewelries are stunning and affordable. The pearls look real too. Just wondering if anyone has any experience buying from them? Thank you so much :eek:

I have not, but have been eyeing the goodies! I do believe a few here have purchased from them though. I hope they'll comment and let us know what they think!

I purchased a necklace recently and was quite pleased with the quality/price and the shipping speed. Just placed another order and hoping for another good experience!

Yes- I have posted a couple necklaces in the Show Us Your Pearls thread. All of her things are well made, nice quality, and reasonably priced. She has a good sale going on right now because there is a delayed shipping.

Here are some of the things I have purchased-

00FE6426-5989-42A3-9B9F-AE79CE6D9CCC.jpeg

Tin cup- (rope is from Kojima)
BE8DE104-C63E-4C24-9095-7BA90FAFC8DE.jpg

Freshwater (tails)- (Blue Akoya is from PP)
6C8608D3-089E-4842-A826-EDF90DCF99A1.jpg

I have purchased many beautiful pearl earrings and necklaces from her. She has a keen eye for color and will customize items if you have special requests. She is quick to respond to questions and is good at describing the subtilties of the pearls. One of my favorite “ shops “.

Adding one more piece I purchased last year. An Akoya and gemstone long strand. I had her customize this to make it long and it was completed in a day. She is also a PG member.

F30BCBAA-5BC4-4D97-A87F-420F8A93AB03.jpg

It's been a while but I purchased a necklace from them! The pearls are really beautiful and lustrous! I prefer if it was shorter but overall very happy!

Attachments

• IMG_20180408_113921_352.jpg
    IMG_20180408_113921_352.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20180329_163139_498.jpg
    IMG_20180329_163139_498.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 35
Nnguye20- I like your new necklace and how the pearls hang- they remind me of little bunnies!

BUNNIES!!!! Sorry, I'm a sucker for bunnies. And swans. Don't get me started on swans.

Your necklace is gorgeous.

BUNNIES!!!! Sorry, I'm a sucker for bunnies. And swans. Don't get me started on swans.

Your necklace is gorgeous.

Nnguye20- I like your new necklace and how the pearls hang- they remind me of little bunnies!

Thank you BWeaves and jeg! I had to shorten it a bit because the necklace was long for my little figure. I didn't realize they look like bunnies lol. I thought some of them look like little birds and when I wear them I feel like they are chirping ;)

So sorry, but I don't understand why to request an advise about a vendor who has already such great number of good points on Etsy...
It's already enough to see how a seller's reputation is hanged to the people's moods, and so different feelings between purchasers, even to be vulnerable in front of bad faith buyers, without anything to advise other readers of this fact.
Sometimes, I buy something, then I regret to have done, according to my taste, but I write I am glad, because It's not the vendor's fault, and that even if I return my purchase as I am authorised by rules to do.
I know so many stories of vendors unfairly massacred by purchasers... like this one, of a vendor of wedding dresses who has seen her Etsy account closed because she refused to refund an item returned 85 days after purchase, instead of 30, according to her own return policies.... A wedding dress... sure, you can see where is the bug...
Did you look for vendors' opinions (I know only french ones) about this platform, on the web : you will be well-informed.
I would agree this kind of practices if sellers would be able to grade themselves, also, the purchasers, as that's possible on other platforms like RBNB : it would be fairer.
Anyway, at last, if you like something, but you are alone to do, wouldn't you buy it only for that reason?
That's said without any animosity:), just to point the well done of minimum measures to use functions of these platforms, which make their promote on these kinds of tools not for the best relationship between sellers and buyers, but first to attract the most number of purchasers, that for their own profit, at the expense of most good faith vendors.
A last word: if you look for "carved pearls" on this platform, you'll find 250 pages about anythings but what you are searching. Did you find that a honest management? As a consumer, I am myself absolutly bored by that.

Last edited:
Hi Ericw, thank you and you are right, that I could just see the quality of her products and service without really having to look for a review. But I just want to make sure, before I make a purchase (a few hundred dollars is quite an amount for me, and I don't like returning stuff), the vendor I am looking at sell real pearls and have good quality of craftmanship, which are things I can't be so sure just by looking at pictures. Also another reason is the vendor's price is actually quite cheap, as I think the seller doesn't really charge much for her designs. I would expect just the materials of her jewelry are already 30%- 50% of the price of her products. I have seen people charge a lot for design ideas (which is not always bad btw), so her price seems a bit "too good", so I just want to be extra sure.
Also I'm just really curious how her other jewelry looks in real life. I made this thread partly to look for people's confirmation on the shop's quality, partly to look for eye candy :)) I would not really take into much consideration about things like shipping speed nor customer service, since that can be subjective. Also I don't really expect the pearl lovers of this forum to give that type of subjective reviews anyway, since many of you are already vendors and designers, so you know what hardship pearl designers and vendors had to face.

Hi nnguye20! As I have said, my opinion is not against your demand:), just that has made me to talk of what I am thinking.
One of greatest difficulties, to buy pearls on the web, is coming we don't see them in real view, and any shooting, even the best, can't show the complexity of pearls looking.
Now, you are wondering how items can be so cheap, according to the price of materials themself... I'll answer it's very difficult for handmade items sellers to win their life, at present time. I think it's happening because this special approach of trading, given now by such platforms, which is not good to let its own feeling expression to drive buyer. When you make a tour on these platforms, you see so many goods, out of their own universes, that you can't truly adhere to an idea but an other. Now the sellers'talents are lost in this bazaar, but also the buyer's feeling. Then, maybe a purchaser will appreciate an item, but will not buy it, wishing to find better elsewhere on the platform, but what about this "better"?
But I see you own taste is still solid!:)

Last edited:
Hi ericw! I understand your concern as a buyer too. Sometimes I wish ebay or etsy allow buyers to post the pictures of their purchases like Amazon. Or a video would be great! Also It's hard to find out how many loyal customers a seller has too (which can be a good measure of that seller's reputation). That's why I often go to pearl-guide forum before purchasing at a new vendor. I'd love to hear people's opinions, see pics of their purchases, (maybe) communicate with the sellers if they are members here, and hopefully let everybody know about lesser-known sellers. Talking about vendors is just my way of getting to know them and appreciate them, since ebay or etsy wouldn't let me do that.

You are right, nnguye20, ebay none etsy have to tell us what we love... but they are so much powerful to change our habits! As a buyer, their experimentation makes me to look for personal websites, now, and I have made the same path as seller.
About advises on pieces of art, did you imagine the result for a Picasso shown on etsy?: "the eyes are not on the right side"... "what a strange mouth"... " this plant pot go awry"... "that horse don't look like a horse"...:rolleyes:;)
Anyway, I realized that the most part of artists work with there own sites, moeover in case of expensive items. That's hard to do, but the right way according to our work's feeling.

Hi ericw! I understand your concern as a buyer too. Sometimes I wish ebay or etsy allow buyers to post the pictures of their purchases like Amazon. Or a video would be great! Also It's hard to find out how many loyal customers a seller has too (which can be a good measure of that seller's reputation). That's why I often go to pearl-guide forum before purchasing at a new vendor. I'd love to hear people's opinions, see pics of their purchases, (maybe) communicate with the sellers if they are members here, and hopefully let everybody know about lesser-known sellers. Talking about vendors is just my way of getting to know them and appreciate them, since ebay or etsy wouldn't let me do that.

I cannot speak for eBay, but Etsy does indeed allow photos in their reviews!

I cannot speak for eBay, but Etsy does indeed allow photos in their reviews!
Thank you JerseyPearl I just noticed! I havent made any review on etsy yet and I didnt see any photos taken by customers! I'd better start posting the photos on estsy then!

Back