Hanadama Set!!!

BAS

Hello fellow pearl lovers! I've rarely been so excited about a piece, never mind a re-worked piece.

As some of you know, I bought a 26" 9 to 9.5 mm hanadama strand a couple of years ago. I love that the nacre is .7 mm. However, the length just didn't look right with my clothing and my very short stature (5'2").

When I was at PP during the Ruckus I was moaning (yet again) about how I never wear my gorgeous hanadama necklace. I asked Chenai what she thought I should do and she said shorten it to a length I like and use the remaining pearls to make a tin cup. Brilliant! The necklace is 17" and the tin cup is 24", I think. I added earrings to the mix and this is what was made -- I am SO excited to wear these babies. Finally!!!

Shortened pearl paradise hanadama strand

hanadama strand on bust

Extra hanadama pearls used in tin cup - from Pearl Paradise

Hanadama tin cup on bust

Hanadama dangle earrings pearl paradise

WOW! That is stunning, BAS! I love your new tin cup. What chain did they use?

That is beautiful! Pls post lots of neck n ear shots when you get them!

Hi BAS! Wow, what a lovely way to re-work a piece ... just beautiful results!!!

WOW! That is stunning, BAS! I love your new tin cup. What chain did they use?

Tucs, it was a special ordered chain because some had too-large links and some had too-small links and this was "just right"! And it's a baby orbit clasp!

So happy for you, BAS. :) That gorgeous necklace truly deserves to be worn.

(Also, I'm thinking that this must mean that the 14 kt white gold baby orbit clasps are in. I'm having the @$%^# fishhook clasp swapped out of my ombre bracelet for baby orbits. Another project left at PP from the ruckus trip. Similarly, hoping that this means more wearing of said bracelet will occur. )

These pieces are breathtaking, BAS!! The luster on each of those pearls is mouth-watering! What a genius Chenai is-- I just love her : )

Tucs, it was a special ordered chain because some had too-large links and some had too-small links and this was "just right"! And it's a baby orbit clasp!

Thanks, BAS. I really like the chain with this one. Very cool.

Excellent recycling project, thanks for sharing.

DK :)

Thanks everyone. I am surprised at how delighted I am with this set. I didn't think of myself so much as a "round white pearls girl" but I can imagine wearing this set A LOT! It will go with any and everything!!!

I promise lots of pictures, but it'll be a while. The pieces are still at PP.

Great remake, I love tin cups, I find white pearls pretty versatile and I tend to wear tin cup or a single pendant a lot more than strands.

Congratulations on your redo. It is wonderful to take something you don't wear and turn it into something you will reach for over and over again. Enjoy!

Absolutely beautiful, so pleased you will be wearing your beauties more often.
Look forward to the neck shots!

Back