Guess who came to visit! Tahitian pearl bonanza!

jshepherd

Cathy (Hanaleimom) is on town for a couple of days looking at pearls! Today we tried to overwhelm her with Tahitian strands (all the strands on the table are Tahitian), but it only took her an hour to find the very best ones!

Table covered with Tahitian pearls at Pearl Paradise
Hundreds of Tahitian strands at Pearl Paradise

How fun! Cathy, you're such a lucky girl!!

Cathy is very discriminating. I'll bet she lasered in on her favorites immediately! What fun to have all those strands to choose from. I can't wait to hear from Cathy herself. ;)

That looks like lots of fun!

I think people that is "very discriminating" sadly often have problems when they're shopping. :p I'm like that and before I go somewhere to buy something I often know exactly what I'm after and end up buying nothing...

That looks like lots of fun!

I think people that is "very discriminating" sadly often have problems when they're shopping. :p I'm like that and before I go somewhere to buy something I often know exactly what I'm after and end up buying nothing...

It might take you a while, but I'll bet if you had been there with Cathy, you would go home with a necklace! ;)

Did Mikeyy put another dent in your scotch collection? ;)

So how is your head today, Jeremy..?
And does this mean that Cathy was a good girl and stayed away from the alcohol?

BTW Cathy, you know we need some photos of your new tahitians - looks like you had a fantastic time!

Two extraordinary days! I was in pearl heaven. I've never seen so many beautiful Tahitian strands in my whole life. Timing was just right that we could see the drop strands, exotic FW, etc. when we were in town. The first night I barely slept because my brain kept replaying those pearly images from the PP office. It was really fun getting to choose pearls in person. When the Tahitians were first brought out to the table, I sort of panicked a bit. It was so overwhelming. But somehow, I managed alright with approval from hubby, Chenai, and Jeremy with my selections. BTW, it took Vincent less than 15 minutes to choose his Tahitian.

Wow, Jeremy, I didn't even know you were timing me. :D

But the best part of the trip was "hanging out" with the guys. It was great to meet Mikeyy in person. I had a few sips of the Scotch but decided that I was better off with Steve's sparkling wine. Vincent also had a great time at the mini-ruckus.

PS: If last night was a mini-ruckus, I will be there for the real ruckus next year! :)

Last edited:
The ruckus was like last night times 10;)

Mikeyy came over for dinner this evening and I just dropped him off at the airport. He is off to Australia and I am off to bed. I think I am still recuperating from last night!

Echoes of ICPGC (aka "the ruckus")! Jeremy, honored that you saved some bottles to share with the late arrivals. Hanaleimom and Vincent, look forward to meeting next year!

Ah, but is there anything left of the wonderful red..?

We might have to have a contribution jar next year for scotch, fine wines, and caviar...

Blaire,

Jeremy, Mike and Vincent were very thankful for the Balvenie bottle. :) :):)

Echoes of ICPGC (aka "the ruckus")! Jeremy, honored that you saved some bottles to share with the late arrivals. Hanaleimom and Vincent, look forward to meeting next year!

Steve, because of your generosity I was able to taste a glimpse of the ruckus. Thank you! I look forward to meeting you.

We might have to have a contribution jar next year for scotch, fine wines, and caviar...

I like that idea!

Back