Green Hills Pearl Market in San Juan, Philippines (jim wiley)

jwiley124

Does anybody know of a man who has offered to guide pearl enthusiasts through the pearl market at Green Hills shopping center in San Juan? (Ortigas Ave, Greenhills, San Juan, 1502 Metro Manila, Philippines). I'll be visiting San Juan from November 30 to December 3. I've been once before. The pearls are mostly Chinese freshwater but they might have some south seas as well. Advice would be most appreciated.

Dear jwiley,
I have been many times at the Greenhills pearlmarket in Manila. The nonsense they talk that the South Sea pearls are coming from Mindanao is total absurd. Even the Golden South Sea pearls are bought on the Hong Kong Fair. The prices they ask for mostly substandard quality is very high. There are, however, a few sellers who sell descent pearls.

Dear jwiley,
I have been many times at the Greenhills pearlmarket in Manila. The nonsense they talk that the South Sea pearls are coming from Mindanao is total absurd. Even the Golden South Sea pearls are bought on the Hong Kong Fair. The prices they ask for mostly substandard quality is very high. There are, however, a few sellers who sell descent pearls.

Thanks. Skepticism is likely warranted. Jim

Back