Fun brooch idea

pearlkrazy

I have an opera length strand of CFWP from PP that I love. But, regardless of what SJP does in the movies, I sometimes feel like it's a little too dressy for everyday.

I bought this cute little crocheted flower brooch & I think it makes a really fun strand shortener! It's kind of vintage-y & casual. I love playing with my pearls :D

pearlsbrooch.jpg

Very 60s...gosh I remember crocheting all that sort of thing, do you remember the pull on hats with the crochet flower on the side....arghhhhhhhh

I really like that- it's very retro, and conveys a great sense of personality and style. Nice Job!!!

Now THAT is TOTALLY FANTASTIC!

Lovely! How do you get it to sit so neatly? Does the pin secure the pearls on one of the knots and not rub against the pearl?

Fantastic, I just love all the creativity here... Its just the best! Great Job! very pretty and dainty! I like!!!!

That's very cool :D Now if only I could see one in a pretty spring green...

Lovely! How do you get it to sit so neatly? Does the pin secure the pearls on one of the knots and not rub against the pearl?

I pinned it right between the pearls, but not through the knots. The material of the flower holds the pearls very securely. I'm sure there is probably a little rubbing of the pin between the pearls, but I don't plan on wearing it daily & each time I put it on it will probably end up between different pearls, so I'm not too worried about damage.

I bought this cute little crocheted flower brooch & I think it makes a really fun strand shortener! It's kind of vintage-y & casual. I love playing with my pearls :D[/IMG]

Very cute idea! Makes me want to go play with my pearls right now! Alas, stuck in the office... ;)

Thanks for the fresh inspiration!

Sheri

I don't use brooches much but love buying them. Now I have an official excuse ... thanks so much for the tip!

So cool! When I saw your avatar after I clicked to open the thread, I thought to myself "unique". Love it. The color of the flower just popped out at you. Great job.

You and your flower power pearls are simply perfect! And I agree, it's the perfect avatar photo. Sometimes we just have to wait for inspiration to strike...

Back