Flood in Zhuji

thepearlmart

Yesterday I went to the Pearl Market in Shanxiahu and saw the flood with my own eyes. Quite some houses got flooded to 2nd floor. The water level in the nearby river was extremely high. The Bus I took also changed its route to a very narrow and bumpy road. One passenger was even crying while calling to some friend about this.

Today,all local newspapers and websites reported this piece of news. The flood in Zhuji this time is really serious. So far 88 villages get flooded. They are located in the 2 towns next to Shanxiahu. According to the weather forecast, it will continue to rain in the next several days. So don't know if this will actually affect the pearl output this year.

This is a picture I pulled from a local news website
1161710555321.jpg

Global Warming...this is its Global Warning!!! The "La Ni?a" year is officially over as of May 2011, but its effects can still be felt it the flooding of Australia, Brazil, the Mississippi and now China. We are now supposed to be in a "normal" year, temperature-wise so I hope things will improve soon.

We have a terrible drought here and our Sierra is burning (Sonora, Mexico & Arizona, USA)...to our Planet there are no boundaries, no National borders and we are not even seen as Racial nor Cultural groups: we are just helpless screaming Humans. A Species that has forgotten its place in the Grand Scheme of Life.

I hope for their speedy recovery...property is the least of all concerns: things can be rebuilt. Loved ones cannot be replaced.

Back