*Fingers crossed!* PP baroque green peacock Ts!

Sanippy

So I may have just purchased this strand...Pearls are 8.1-12.1mm and AA+/AAA grade. If they work out they will be my largest pearls and should go nicely with the little peacock collection I just posted in the 'show us your pearls in action' thread! I've requested additional photos before shipping but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love them!

https://www.pearlparadise.com/products/8-1-12-1-mm-aa-aaa-baroque-tahitian-pearl-necklace

Description:
This iridescent Tahitian strand features dark pearls with rich_green and peacock overtones. The pearls have classic baroque shapes with light circles, the sharpest luster, and have very light blemishes. The finished strand will be approximately 18 inches in length, knotted on color-matching silk and finished with your choice of 14-karat clasp. The strand in the photo is the strand you will receive.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Some of my peacocks:

IMG_8199.jpg

IMG_8212.jpg

Last edited:
Gah! You're killing me. I'm trying to hold off buying anything until Ruckus when I can see everything in person and it'll all be gone! :eek:

Oohh I think you are going to love this hanadama. It's looks similar to the strand in size, colours, and shapes I bought last August.
That strand is one of my favs. It's dark yet colourful and so lustrous.

Oh, my, those golden drops!

I know! They are amazing!

Thank you PW, money, BWeaves & Bailey! Bailey, if they look anything like your strand I'll be very happy! I'll post more photos when I receive them from PP.

BWeaves, I'm sure these are all new strands, I don't remember seeing them listed before. But I'm certain that PP will have lots of beautiful, unlisted strands in their vault for you to pick from. Did you see lots of Tahitians last trip?

I'm so jealous that you get to pick out pearls in person! The biggest issue with ordering from the US is that I have to be sure I'm going to love the pearls, which is super tricky, but returns are just too expensive.

Last edited:
Heavens! What a necklace that will be! Can't wait for the neck shots! :)

Lovely choice, Hanadama! And those extra strands ... SIGH!!! I haven't seen those before either; good eye :)

Thanks GemGeek and Cathy! Woo! Just received these photos from Erin! Photos taken in a range of light conditions - natural light indoors, office light and studio light.

Erin described the colour as: overall body color is green but there are tons of lighter shades of green, cherry and even blue and gold throughout. (Depending on lighting).

They may not be quite as intensely coloured as my current peacocks but the strand appears to be incredibly bright and green with overtones that pop in certain light conditions.

IMG_8217.jpg

IMG_8223.jpg

IMG_8218.jpg

IMG_8222.jpg

IMG_8220.jpg

IMG_8221.jpg

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. (I'm just kidding about all the good strands will be gone. It's sort of a running joke with darling hubby and me. His favorite movie is "A Christmas Story" and the Dad in the movie is trying to get everyone into the car so they can pick out a X-mas tree. "Come on, or all the good trees will be gone!")

Very nice, lustrous strand, hanadama! Please post neck shots when you receive them! ..and those golden drops are lovely :)

BWeaves, LOL I love that analogy. But it's so true with pearls! If you find something unique that really calls to you, FOMO definitely kicks in!

Thank you SunSeeker! I'll definitely spam you all with pics when it arrives!

How exciting!!! I really think you are going to love this strand. The plump shape is delicious and the bands of colour will be more apparent in different lighting. I was just thinking that although i have the same type of strand I wouldn't mind owning another one (or two):D

Thanks Bailey! Haha tell me about it! Tahitians are so addictive. This will be my fifth stand in less than 12 months. And that's not counting all the loose pearls I've bought and made into things! I really should slow down.

Back