• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Hooray! Finally Finished this Tahitian Pearl Strand

Gemandpearlover

I bought a pre-loved baroque Tahitian strand ( AA+ quality strand 8-10 mm) and became obsessed with the color. What I wanted to do was replace the most blemished pearls which were at the very front of the necklace. The color is a light silvery peacock. After a few months I collected enough pearls and finished the strand which now is 8-13mm. There are still 2 more pearls I want to replace- but now I find the strand very wearable. :)

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

CricketBug

What a fun treasure hunt to find pearls to replace and complete your strand! Lovely!

Charlotta

It's a lovely strand, you did a good job replacing those blemished pearls.

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Absolutely spot on gorgeous with your coloring, and really well done!
Oops, I’m echoing the other comments. Still, nice!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
That turned out great, Gemandpearlover! I love silver Tahitians!

multichrome

That is a lovely necklace, and I also like how you sourced the replacement pearls. I’m a big fan of “pearl rescue.” Your resulting strand is very becoming. Wear it in good health!

Cece

lary007

That turned out beautifully! I find it's even more wonderful wearing pearls you've had a hand in picking out/designing/making.

Gemandpearlover

Thank you so much Katbran, Sydk, multichrome, lilpearl and lary007. :) The rose color overtone of the strand makes it special to me. I think the pinkish and purplish Tahitians are my all time favorites.

Marianne

Beautiful necklace, Gemandpearlover! It is really lovely on you.