Fijian Pearls

I have this paranoia of choking hazards when I think of pearls and tots combination. This is coming from a mother whose toddler used to crumble and chew magazine pages. :eek:

Sure wish GIA Alumni were doing their trips again. It would be great to see this farm and how it may differ in its farming practices from Tahiti and Austrailia.

I think they harvest in April, but I'm not sure. I'll send an email to Justin and ask. I was just invited to go with some friends to Peru in April so it could turn into a pretty tight month.

I think they harvest in April, but I'm not sure. I'll send an email to Justin and ask. I was just invited to go with some friends to Peru in April so it could turn into a pretty tight month.

Poor Jeremy... :rolleyes:

Peru's a fascinating place. But Justin's pearl harvest could be pretty great too. Doing both in one month would be amazing!

J, so many great things to look forward to in the next few months for you. One of these days, I'll make it to Machu Picchu.

What a coincidence--we will be in Peru--Machu Picchu and surrounding areas in late April. Assuming that area is repaired and reopened after the flood damage. No pearls found where we are going! Some interesting gemstones are found in some areas of Peru-- not that the mines are open to the public.

Back