Fiji Pearls

Justin, best wishes for a gorgeous and fruitful harvest!!! Can't wait to see the breathtaking beauties!!!

Love your work guys.
So fascinating to see pics of our pearls on here - love what you guys have done.
Red that Fiji bracelet - 2nd one in, our left. That is one of the chocolate kisses I sent up.
They are unique - don't really even know how to set these. But I really love the those.
They have a certain funk of their own.

We start harvesting in the next week or so. Let the fun begin. Always get a little nervous about now.

Hopefully it will be beautiful and I will post along here:)

Justin - Thank you for telling me about the chocolate kiss Fiji pearl. I will cherish it. I love those two-tone pearls, and I think a bracelet shows them off nicely.

Best of luck on the harvest. Looking forward to your reports.

I LOVE those 2 tone pearls!!!

Justin: Best of luck on your harvest. I'll be looking forward to updates. and photos!! ;)

Justin please be sure to tell us all about your upcoming harvest. I'm so looking forward to more Fiji pearls!

Hisano sent along some glamour photos of my Fiji and white Tahitian projects. I'll post the bracelet photos here. The four original Fiji pearls that I selected at the ruckus are in the top photo in the lower right, beginning with the silvery pearl that is on the far right, then the golden green, the roundish reddish brown and the round gold that is at the bottom of the photo. I selected a couple more lighter golden drops, a deep dark green round pearl, and all the rest tend to be multiple colors.

The lower photo has one white-bottomed Fiji pearl that is pictured on the right side of the photo. The rest are white Tahitians that I picked from the three white Tahitian strands that I purchased. They are knotted on Pattye's Beaders' Secret with white gold orbit clasps.

Katja takes some beautiful pearl photos.

So excited. They should be coming next week.

Fiji B.jpgWTahi B.jpg

Red, your new bracelets made me dizzy LOL ... gosh, those are just stunning! So happy for you :)

oh Red, i have no words! those are just SOOOO wonderful! and encompassing some of my favorite pearls from the PP Fiji haul! LOVELY! enjoy!! (and if we're ever together again in person, i ask that you lend them to me for 1/2 hour or so just so i can sit and admire them up close! supervised, of course :))

Amazing pearls red, so many special colours! Both bracelets are beautiful and unique.

overall, i think my favorite fiji pearls of the stash sent to Pearl Paradise were the brown/silver bicolor pearls! if i'd had the $ at the time, i would have collected them all (ok i did that part...and then had to let them go) and had a necklace made of them, hanging vertically from a chain. they were the most striking bicolors i've ever seen!

Juliebeth - What a wonderful idea. And, here Justin was wondering what to do with the multi-colored pearls! There must be an upscale market for the perfect shapes and perfect surfaces, while we love the lustrous colors, and are willing to overlook the variety of shapes and the tiny surface marks.

I hope you come back with some amazing pearls to show us. I'll let you play with mine, if I can play with yours!

Those came out beautifully, Red!

Beautiful, Red!

I've got a surprise for you... I was at pp this morning to continue working on another Fiji project. Hisano brought out your lovely bracelets, and I couldn't resist taking pictures of our sibling brackets together. Your colorful bracelet is in the upper right side of the first pic, and your silver bracelet is in the second pic. This will be the last time they meet until the next ruckus!

As you can see, my new project involves asymmetrically placed Fijis with garnets and yellow gold oval link chain (chain not in picture). I'll make 2 necklaces out of a 58" 1920's garnet rope - both will have orbit clasps to connect with the bracelets for a variety of ways to wear together. I didn't have time to see the golden south sea pearls - that'll be next week!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 31
I never should have opened this thread.

WOW.

Thank you for the additional photos of my bracelets, lmgarden. It is totally awesome to see them next to their inspiration.

I love your new project. Are those Bohemian garnets? They are extra red, sort of a purple-red, and not brown-red, like more recently mined garnets. When we were in Prague a couple of years ago, I went to a lot of antique shops, and you could easily see the difference. They were pretty common about a century ago, and you can still find lots of older jewelry with Bohemian garnets today.

In any case, those necklaces are going to be stunning.

lmgarden, those are going to be gorgeous! how fun to get to go back and play some more with all the Fijis...and all the others! :) beautiful garnets, can't wait to see the finished pieces!

Back