• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Fantastic conch pearl jewelry

CLICLASP

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls
Some lovely pieces there, although conch pearls leave me only tepid.
Hisano has a beautiful Conch pearl pendant.

dkan 168

That big brown spider is one of the exhibits at the Pearl Exhibition at the V&A!

DK :)

Nerida

Oh, I just have to post those pics of the pieces I tried on in HK, Hisano! They were fabulous!

kiwipaul

Conch Pearls at Bonhams

Conch Pearls at Bonhams

Here's a useful link I've made to past natural pearl necklace auctions at Bonhams:
Click for Bonhams Natural Necklaces

It's sorted by price (high to low), and there's a number of conch pearl necklaces that are right up there in price,
including this diamond and SINGLE conch pearl necklace that sold for HK$ 2,760,000 (USD$ 356,000) inc. premium.
http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19472/lot/834/

GemGeek

Pearlista
That was fun! :) I just love Bonhams, especially the natural history auctions.

Caitlin

Because I am not happy to see a photo illustrating an important find disappear from a link months or years after the thread was posted, because the link has lapsed, is really too bad, because 90% of the educational value is lost without the illustrations- I therefore, I claim fair use when I post such a photo here. It becomes part of a historical record and enhances the educational process. These are both fair uses for Copyrighted photos.
This photo defines chatoyance better than 1k words.
DavidMorrisConch1.jpg