Exotic Strands Are Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got mine!

I finally got mine!

I found it extremely curious that the laws of physics seemed to have been suspended recently. My wait of 9 days certainly couldn't have been a mere 216 hours, because it sure felt more like 18 days! The agony of waiting was awful!

When I opened the box, I have to say the pearls were stunning. They were far, far better than I expected. There are virtually no spots or blinks on them -- the metallic is gorgeous -- happy birthday and Merry Christmas to me!!!

I've enjoyed everyone's photos, too -- thanks for posting them!

Nancy aka SarahR

(PS) And thanks, Jeremy, for doing such a good job with these little babies!

OK, at last I have a camera, and my exotics on while I am near a computer with a card reader. You'd think this was rocket science!
There is a neck shot at home and one here at work - in both cases it's mostly daylight through a window. The strand shot is just sitting on my white desk. These are really difficult to shoot because of the super high luster.
These are the 6.5-7mm 20" strand and I am wearing an oval light gold SS pendant with them.

Attachments

• exotics-3.jpg
    exotics-3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 51
  • exotics-2.jpg
    exotics-2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 49
  • exotics-1.jpg
    exotics-1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I am wearing my silvery white earrings with pink overtone today. I am very pleased. :)

It is impossible for non-professionals to photograph these pearls. Some lavenders have greenish and bluish overtones, some orange/peachy ones have green overtone, some greens have pinkish overtone. They don't look good in front of my bathroom lights though :(.
I noticed for the first time today that the white earrings have both greenish and pinkish tints. Love them!!!

It is impossible for non-professionals to photograph these pearls. Some lavenders have greenish and bluish overtones, some orange/peachy ones have green overtone, some greens have pinkish overtone. They don't look good in front of my bathroom lights though :(.
I noticed for the first time today that the white earrings have both greenish and pinkish tints. Love them!!!

...or a less lazy photographer. ;)

It's amazing how these colors change depending on the lighting and surroundings. I agree that bathroom lights probably aren't the best. There are restroom lights in my office which are halogens and in there these pearls really glow. Guess how I know this. :eek:

Heidi and Sheri, oh boy! Your strands are stunning, and look great on you both.

I think I know what I would love from Santa this year ;) LOL!

Heidi and Sheri-- The strands are gorgeous and look gorgeous on you, congrats!

How do these metallics compare to the Freshadamas? I bought a multicoloured Freshadama strand for my wife a few years ago, and I wonder if she would enjoy a metallic strand as well, or if it would be a little redundant. I think some of you own both - how would you say the metallics compare to multi-coloured Freshadamas?

Good Morning PGer's

Sorry I have not been on the forums.I have been working hard at PT, 6 hours a week in PT, and more at home, I am making great progress with my shoulder 70% so far but my knee isn?t doing well and the MD wants to try a series of 5 injections. I know better, just go in and clean it up, but insurance wants this done first. It is quite exhausting, plus I am trying to walk every day to keep my spirits up.

However, please bear with me as I tell you my EXOTIC News Flash!
Well, I received my exotics last Friday after returning home from PT.
?THE? package was at my door. I spotted it while making my one arm erratic turns. :eek: I just have to tell you what transpired!Such a newbie and so excited!

When my box arrived, I held out for four hours! This is a Xmas gift and pearlie and I had made a pack not to open them until Christmas.Well, pearlie
calls and she said she had opened hers! What to do??? Well, she hung on the phone and I ran for the knife! No, not to cut the phone wire but to open my package! pearlie was breathing slowly as I rushed, opened the outer brown box, then removed the paper packing, then the wrapping over the white box. I grab the white box (pearlie is still hanging on the floor by now) and I finally reached the BLACK BOX. I picked up poor pearlie
from the floor; I counted to three and held my breath and finally Gasped for air! (pearlie had pulled off the road to savor this sweet moment as she admitted she was on her cell phone!)

Oh Jeremy, thank you so much they are beyond what I had expected! Who would ever think or I in my wildest dreams that a poor girl from Brooklyn would ever hope to own such a perfect strand of Exotic pearls.

I know my Mom and Dad are looking down with my Dear Son, as I have received my Wedding Pearls, 37 years later. :D I have no diamonds, china or crystal but I now own a work of nature's masterpiece. They will always be so dear to my heart. I do have a daughter who will receive these and I will live to see her enjoy my most precious pearls. :)

My earrings are perfect and look so beautiful with the pearls. WOW ! They look like I should be a Queen, as I sit here with my "broken wing"!

Jeremy, you have made something that I could never hope to reach a reality. It would have never happened without pearlie, Sandii, and your friendship. How can I ever repay you for allowing me to purchase these magnificent pearls?

There are no words to tell you how happy you have made me. (Tears are in my eyes, no kidding). I once wrote that you are a kind, beautiful soul, and I will pay it forward. Yes, I will! Your pick was just perfect. Sadly, I now must tuck them away not to be opened until Christmas, maybe one more time when pearlie and I see one another again.

I hope all the PG'ers who have received their pearls, love and appreciate them as much as I do. Wear them in good health and may they bring you all of the Joy I have felt! :)

Pearl Angel, what a great story! Those pearls really are remarkable. I hope they inspire you to work even harder at your physical therapy. ;)

Pearl Angel, your story brought tears of joy to my eyes... I too love mine and hope that we all wear them with health and happiness for years and years to come!

May your PT hard work be successful.

Pearl Angel,

Your tale had me laughing and tearing up at the same time! Although we each experience the "package arrival" somewhat differently, the sense of wonderment is similar when the box is opened to reveal it's secrets!

How great that you and pearlie can share a special friendship, both on and off the forum! Wishing you continued success with your PT---and also wishing you over the years to come a few more special strands of pearls and pairs of earrings! ;)

Hi Pearl Angel and may these pearls bring to you an everlasting joy each time you look at them and put them on. It is a magical moment to receive such perfect small wonders mother nature has bestowed on us through their humble servants, our mussels.

Wear them with joy and pride and let them help you to get back to your health by just thinking about them. Good to have Pearlie so you can discuss, admire your pearls together.

Pearl Angel,
You are a dear friend, and I enjoyed sharing that special moment with you when you saw your exotics for the first time. Aren't they just beautiful, but we have to be good now, and not peek at them until xmas morning. I have to admit that I have tried them on a few times, and put them safely back in their box, until Dec.25th... We have to thank Jeremy for these beautiful metallic treasures of the sea. They are so different then any other pearl strand that I own. I have a feeling these will always be my favorite pearls.

Pearl Angel, what a thrill it was to read your story of the exotics' arrival. They are indeed very special.

I have tested them in various lighting situations. They are metallic in sunlight, indoor light, flourescent light, mall parking lot lights, indoor mall lights, semi-dark sushi bar. Although colors look the best (so far based on my observation) on cloudy day and at dusk: all the colors popped, especially lavender with various overtones. Thanks to Jeremy and the FW mussels.

A quick note on the strands, since so many people here like to reknot and rearrange their pearls (especially you, Cathy;)). The thread must be 'F' or the pearls will slip over some of the knots. Most of the pearls are drilled at either .8 or .9 mm on one side and .7 mm on the other. They were intended as earring pairs, not necklace material.

:D I did it!!! I actually bought two 16" strands. But I have a small neck, feel choked up and overheated with short necklaces. I rearranged the pearls and turned them into a bracelet and approximately 23" necklace, which can be joined together at the clasps to make an opera-length necklace. We left early for dinner tonight to take advantage of Happy Hour Sushi. I kept staring down at my necklace in the car (dusk). We walked from the parking garage to the restaurant hand in hand. I told my husband to lead the way because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. I was too busy staring down at my chest again. Those colors really popped. I am in love with them.

Last edited:
Pearl Angel -
Thank you for a sweet story! We do all have those moments of contemplating The Box when it arrives...and then that first moment when we're surprised by the contents. I hope you will wear these lovlies in good health.

Best wishes for persevering through your PT. I know all too well how difficult that path can be. Pearls definitely help!

Back