Exotic Multi-Coloured Pearl Necklace Opinion

Hi Caitlin,

Thanks, Barry is doing well and has given up smoking. He is a bit grouchy because of it but at least his arteries won't clog up again. Now I have to do the same. Tried the tablets but had a lot of bad side effects so have to do it another way.

Good for both of you.:) It takes some work to quit but after a wake up call like that is the best time. You can always think of it as investing in yourselves. (You're worth it!):D

I have bought some Power Pro but I think a needle is needed for really fine beads so although I will be able to use if with pearls a lot of my pieces also have expensive beads with tiny drill holes. Why beads aren't drilled properly beats me. I guess it is time but I have spent hours trying to ream out beads and it is no fun at all. What is worse it is usually some of the best beads that have tiny holes.

Dawn dawncee333

Those fine beads, like tanzanite, sapphires, and rubies? If so, I have been told that those holes are small to reduce breakage from drilling.:( The bigger the bead, the easier it is to get a little bit bigger hole without the bead exploding. That's the only time I use a wire.
I like 'em too. Good luck.

barbie

I certainly remember that saying. Does that make me old too, or just another Aussie? Where are you from Dawn?

Hi purlgurl,

I think it makes you an Aussie first and likely to be over 50 in the second. Just I haven't heard the younger generation using the expression. :)

Originally I came from Adelaide and now I live in the mallee scrub out from Murray Bridge on 100 acres. When it is 40 deg C in Adelaide it is likely to be 45 deg C out here in the bush. :) Guess you know all about hot weather Darwin. Actually you send a lot of your north winds down here to scorch us. :(

Dawn dawncee333

Those fine beads, like tanzanite, sapphires, and rubies? If so, I have been told that those holes are small to reduce breakage from drilling. The bigger the bead, the easier it is to get a little bit bigger hole without the bead exploding.

Hi barbie, I have had large expensive beads arrive with unusable holes too. Once they get a drill hole they should re-drill. I guess I get annoyed that when beads arrive and can be so very beautiful, I can't use them or spend hours reaming which only works sometimes. :(

Dawn dawncee333

Dawn - keep the black pearl... nice accent! BTW, nice to see you again!

Yes, an Aussie here too, and have known that saying forever but still have a few years before hitting the other side of 50!

Dawn?s husband?s illness

Dawn?s husband?s illness

Hi Dawn,

my very best wishes for Barry?s speedy recovery and good luck with stopping to smoke!

my very best wishes for Barry?s speedy recovery and good luck with stopping to smoke!

Thanks Inge,

If I remember correctly you needed some seed pearls for a ring. Do you still need them. I just had a pearl replaced in a ring. It was that tri coloured ring we both wanted. Do you remember? The pearl it had was a little akoya and it has all the nacre worn off it. Look shocking. But I had my pearls stored and finally got around to having it fixed. I ended up having a little South Sea round keishi pearl put in it. I will take a photo of it and post it on a new listing, maybe tomorrow.

But do let me know if you still need pearls replaced.

Dawn dawncee333 on eBay - am I allowed to put that in?? anyone ...

Meant to say. I will be listing the 2 pearl necklaces on eBay. My friend with the shop has had a lousy month sales wise. Most likely due to terrible weather we have had here in South Australia in Spring. For over 2 weeks it was about 37 deg C - that is above 100deg F .. Out where I am it was hovering from 40 deg to 47 deg C which is about 120 deg F . Just so bad I couldn't even work on jewellery. It was enough just to stay alive and sane. We have been told we are in for a long hot summer. I had better sell enough to get another window air-conditioner.

Dawn dawncee333 on eBay

Back