eBay's miki-of-the-day

Hi Caitlin,

The stamped fish hook clasps have the tops folded over the frame and you can easily pry the top off. The cast ones simply look and feel more solid and don't cave in at simple broadside pressure. Otherwise I agree, toggles are not a good idea for long strands although I think they are quite nice and versatile for up to 25-inchers.

Zeide

Hi Zeide
Thanks for pointing that difference out. I looked at mine with my big magnifier goggles and they look solid. But it is something to keep in mind.

Shinju,

I suggest you contact the dealer from whom you purchased the pearls with the clasp that is uncomfortable for you, and discuss the situation with them.

You may wish to contact them by telephone so you can discuss the issue at length.

I would think something could be worked out to both the dealer and your satisfaction.

Bill

Clasps

Clasps

Hi, everyone!

I read with great interest the posts to the clasp-issue. Lately I have bought toggle-clasps to go with Tahitians and other larger pearltypes. I do not find them very elegant buth they are easy, as I have come across the same problem with the "ball" in one of my freshwater necklaces.

However, the Toggle has a very fragile looking "chain" of 3 links and I was wondering the other day if it would be able to withstand a single tug or even a hard pulling movement?

I am going to try the magnetic clasp as in Caitlins picture and hope that our online sellers are willing to expand with different types of claspes like the magnetic ones, mystery clasp, basket clasp and so on. That would make it easier for all of us, that think the balls are just too small and not easy at all to close or open, as we do not have a lady in waiting.

Inge Jernberg

Hi all,

I didn't know where to post this and thought this thread would be more or less suitable. I think this auction might amuse you, look: PP freshadamas at Ebay. How do you like the Buy it price? Freshadamas are certainly becoming a hit! Also, I've found this, which is not from PP, look.

(A little bit about myself: my name is Eugenie, I live in former Soviet Union (Uzbekistan). I found this forum while looking for info on pearls. Many thanks for all of you for sharing priceless information! I was very happy to see my conclusions about Akoya and FWP reaffirmed by this forum, and, of course, I am going to buy a FWP necklace, not beads with 0,4 mm nacre)

Hi Eugenie
and welcome to this forum. The price seems to be retail and somewhere on this forum is a post reg this company, unfortunately I don?t remember where. It does not surprise me at all if some of the Freshadamas, given for free on a TV-show are coming up on Ebay. A pity, the ladies don?t keep them! The pink fw-pearls look lovely but somehow I think this picture is stolen from PP or some other of our vendors. If the pearls are what they look like, it would be a real bargain, but I don?t think so..

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Freshadama a trademark of Pearl Paradise? The seller of the pink necklaces is clearly infringing on the trademark. The other seller is saying that the necklace is "one of a kind", which shows their cluelessness.:eek:

I wondered why a Chinese seller was recently very curious to see the Freshadamas....

Hmmm,
Am I missing something here ?
Those Freshadamas are priced way above what PearlParadise sell them for brand new.
And I haven't checked word for word, but the text on the ebay item page seems to be directly nicked from PP's site.......

I think they took the text from the Freshadama card that came with the pearls. Either they didn't bother to check the PP website, or they are greedy regarding the price.

The real Freshadamas were removed because I reported them for excessive shipping - $45.00, and probably because other PGers reported them for the false title - One of a Kind.

Before I could complain about the other vendor, they changed their description, lickety split!

We are powerful...Muah Hah Ha!!!

Isn't Freshadama a trademark of Pearl Paradise
Yes, Freshadamas are trademarked.

Every week or so, I realize how much clout we have in our forum. I think we have changed the CFWP market. The quality has gone way up from some Chinese dealers and they are offering natural colors. Hardly anyone even knew CFWP came in a range of colors before we got on it and Jeremy found them for us.

I looked at that site. It amazes me that they have such a great feedback at their store site. Are consumers "dumb" or are PG members just "smarter than the average bear"? ( I am showing my age with that quote)

I think every ebay seller has the potential to get positive feedback, especially if it's value for money for the price. It doesn't matter if the items are misrepresented as long as it is cheap enough. Honest ebay sellers are hard to come buy, and most people are happy to leave positive feedback as long as they get what they want. I'm surprised the owner bothers to put up his GIA credentials down to the grade he got to increase credibility and yet still snitches from other vendors.

He is certainly doing a thriving business in cheap sea shell pearls!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

jerin said:
It does not surprise me at all if some of the Freshadamas, given for free on a TV-show are coming up on Ebay. A pity, the ladies don?t keep them!

I can't believe someone wouldn't keep freshadamas! Even in these lousy pictures they looked perfect and glowing...

Regarding the Chinese seller, I looked at his feedback and realised he had virtually no feedback on more expensive stuff although he has quite a lot of it in his store. I was looking for a Chinese seller with quality items and highly positive feedback (yes I know about all the risks involved) and at first I thought this one might be suitable, but obviously he is not. Pearllunar with their far less perfect feedback look much more reliable to me. Still, I am grateful to this guy, because I saw his 'freshadamas', googled the word and found this forum )

Looking through his listings ... the shell pearls are pretty bad ...

Eugenie, that was some good sleuthing. :) We are happy you are here. There's so much to see and read and a terrific group of people who share pearl knowledge freely.

When I got back here, the other eBay listing had the Freshadama reference removed. I'm guessing that with more than 1,000 current listings, the seller figured they could test the waters on the Freshadama name by slipping in a couple of listings. They won't be getting any of my money.:(

Caitlin Williams said:
Yes, Freshadamas are trademarked.

Every week or so, I realize how much clout we have in our forum. I think we have changed the CFWP market. The quality has gone way up from some Chinese dealers and they are offering natural colors. Hardly anyone even knew CFWP came in a range of colors before we got on it and Jeremy found them for us.

Is that true that "Freshadama" is trademarked by Pearl Paradise? Thank you in advance for a reply.

http://www.chrisschabacker.com/kvmu...rchiveczvindexx9oczvindexx9ox3nt-951z8hl.html

Last edited:
Back