eBay find of the day: tridacna pearls

Caitlin

You may wish to check out the price! 90,000,000 clams for this clam pearl! Actually three of them.

Attachments

• tridacna pearl.JPG
    tridacna pearl.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 29
I thought this sounded familiar. Turns out it's a relisting of the one I found last year and posted about. Not surprised that they haven't sold since September.

Oh, and uh, Caitlin, you've got too many zeros in your number. $90 million would be far beyond ludicrous. $90 thousand is merely ridiculous.

Kinda looks like my jr. high science teacher. Yet another artifact!

These are very small clams Caitlin is talking about you get about a thousand for a dollar wholesale :D

Alain

ROFL!!!!! gotta love that price tag... why not just throw in the golden gate bridge to boot????

LOL

Ash

ROFL!!!!! gotta love that price tag... why not just throw in the golden gate bridge to boot????

LOL

Ash

LOl, I love these photos, Cailtin. Is it just me, or does it look like a lump of wax? That's the only thing that will stay in my mind, a cold lump of wax. MAybe if it sells the buyer will show up here and tell us about it. Wouldn't that be interesting.

My wife and I snorkled around a giant clam in Aitutaki lagoon last September, on our way to falling in love with poe pipi.

These calcareous lumps (due respect to Allah) make the Nagasari Tree pearl from Indonesia look like one of history's greatest treasures.

And every bit as much a pearl!

Steve
Seattle

Back