Do you style your pearls with accesories?

BlackPearlDudeDC

Curious if you also style your pearls with accessories? I gave my mother a gift of a silk Hermes scarf a few years back and I twisted it and wrapped around it few strands of commercial freshwater pearls in similar colors (added gift). We talked about it recently and it got me thinking about you ladies here:

souffle ring with green gold 1

styling tying ideas.jpg

Oops neither pic is my mother btw. This was a few years ago I gave her the scarf & pearls, I wrapped not as a fashion statement but it was just to save on the postage, I saw this images and it reminded me LoL.

Whoa, she's gorgeous.

I don't style my pearls with accessories but I don't get dressed up that much. So, while I wear some kind of pearls almost daily, it's usually on the simple side.

I was thinking about making a purse and using a cheaper strand I no longer wear as the strap but I was too lazy so that probably doesn't count.

However, if you are ever up for adoption do let me know as I would definitely make an exception if I was gifted an Hermes scarf!

Nope, my pearls usually are my accessories. But now I'm tempted to do a torsade with a some of my kumihimo braids.

I've also thought a pearl brooch would be neat on a sweater or purse. A pearly hair ornament would be nice too.

Nope, my pearls usually are my accessories. But now I'm tempted to do a torsade with a some of my kumihimo braids.

That would be gorgeous!!! I've only been doing kumihimo with beads because I can't think of what I'd use fiber braids for, but this is a fab idea.

I was about to say no, I hadn't ... till I remembered my white shrug sweater. Embroidered on the shoulder, using white silk ribbons and some of Hisano's tiny freshwater pearls. Seen at a couple of ruckus parties :) I have more plans, but technical difficulties remain unresolved.

I wish I was that creative to do things like the scarf and pearls, but I'm not. Plus, being in central Texas, I don't get to wear many scarves. The most I do is layering pearls, adding broaches to necklaces, and connecting strands to each other. If my cell phone allowed for hanging accessories, I would definitely string some freshies from it. I never understood why the US won't allow dangling things from their cell phones the way Japan does.

My mom said something similar. RE the pearl necklaces she thinks the cosmetic and perfumes, coupled with Southern heat, are too much trouble at times. The Scarfs she will use in Fall/Winter. I can't say she wears them together but in the past my Grandmother would wear silk scarfs and plastic beading in a similar manner.

I wish I was that creative to do things like the scarf and pearls, but I'm not. Plus, being in central Texas, I don't get to wear many scarves. The most I do is layering pearls, adding broaches to necklaces, and connecting strands to each other. If my cell phone allowed for hanging accessories, I would definitely string some freshies from it. I never understood why the US won't allow dangling things from their cell phones the way Japan does.

However, if you are ever up for adoption do let me know as I would definitely make an exception if I was gifted an Hermes scarf!

LoL! I'm so unadoptable and my warranty expired ;)

I remembered a post about someone trying a pearl brooch at a style accessory. I came across this image of a Friedrich Becker Pearl Brooch and thought of this thread:

friedrich-becker-ansteckschmuck.jpg

I just like the design element to this piece.

I love everything about it! And what a great assortment of pearls. Looks like most of them are quite metallic.

I remember seeing that brooch in one of my books, but I can't remember which one. It always caught my eye, too. It's not really my usual style, but it's got incredible style and I'd wear it.

BW You have a great sense of style.

Back in the day when I did a bit of visuals work for a High-end B&M, I was approached by someone to help style accessories for a local fashion show/artist collective. It was a new path for me and so much fun, I ended up with clients and became a stylist all without trying terribly hard (always felt a bit guilty about that LOL), but that was back in the day.

So on this site I really enjoy seeing how everyone styles their outfits and pearls (jewelry) together. So many opinions too LOL.

I remember seeing that brooch in one of my books, but I can't remember which one. It always caught my eye, too. It's not really my usual style, but it's got incredible style and I'd wear it.

Back in the day, I had a big art deco brooch I wore like an epaulette, but I draped a super long strand of imitation pearls in loops back and forth over my shoulder. Wish I had photos to show!

Back