What Kind of Pearls are These?

JoyRudy

My mother in law gave me these pearls and I'm very curious about them. She inherited them from her mother who was a world traveler. At first glance, I thought they were imitation and just fun costume jewelry. But then I did the tooth test and sure enough, they feel gritty. They are also heavy and no two are the same. I've searched all over the internet but can't get any clear answer on what they are or their potential value.
Thank you for your help!
Pearl Neclace

Several types of pearls exist, including natural pearls, cultured pearls, freshwater pearls, Akoya pearls, Tahitian pearls, and South Sea pearls.

Natural pearls are formed in oysters or mollusks without any human intervention, whereas cultured pearls are created with human intervention. Freshwater pearls are grown in freshwater mussels, while Akoya pearls are saltwater pearls produced by Akoya oysters. Tahitian pearls are black pearls produced by black-lipped oysters, and South Sea pearls are largely white or golden pearls produced by Pinctada maxima oysters.

If you want to identify the type of pearls you have, you might need to consult with a jeweler or gemologist who can examine them in person.

I bought these from a friend info please if neone can help .the lapis pendant pearls I found a set exactly alike except it was jade priced 4,000 _6,000 I love odd .old antiques I felt these were nice I just wish I knew more.

bought these from a friend info please if anyone can help bought these from a friend info please if anyone can help bought these from a friend info please if anyone can help

bought these from a friend info please if anyone can help

bought these from a friend info please if anyone can help bought these from a friend info please if anyone can help

Back