Do you style your pearls with accesories?

Back in the day, I had a big art deco brooch I wore like an epaulette, but I draped a super long strand of imitation pearls in loops back and forth over my shoulder. Wish I had photos to show!

I wish you had photos too!

No fair! I would've loved to see pictures too!

Back in the day, I had a big art deco brooch I wore like an epaulette, but I draped a super long strand of imitation pearls in loops back and forth over my shoulder. Wish I had photos to show!

I wore a pin/brooch every day for many years, on a lapel. My favorite trick: A cotton velvet jacket, for dress or casual/elegant evenings, with my collection of antique bar pins lined up down the lapel :)

I used to collect bar pins too. But specifically platinum topped yellow gold with single diamond...I found I needed to narrow my scope so I was not all over the place. I'd wear a different one on my tie each day. Over the years I got rid of most of them, I think I have 3 or 4 hanging out somewhere.

I wore a pin/brooch every day for many years, on a lapel. My favorite trick: A cotton velvet jacket, for dress or casual/elegant evenings, with my collection of antique bar pins lined up down the lapel :)

Here is a interesting look I'm just starting to see more and more of (my opinion is still reserved, though I like the idea of Rose Gold versions)

Black Pearl Floater.jpg

KatKim.jpg

See it worn here: KatKimFineJewelry

Last edited:
I'd lose that earring the minute I turned my head or shrugged my shoulders. I've lost too many fishhook earrings. Now I only wear earrings with a secure back.

I dunno...I'm just intrigued by them. Usually I just share some things I find because they just seem they might appeal to pearl lovers, but these are just different enough to intrigue me. I suppose visually I am attracted to the oddly unique jewelry :)

I definitely like edgy jewelry. I met a lady earlier this year that had on a leather jacket, a silk ruffled blouse and a belt of maybe 5 or 6 leather cords of pearls (I imagine they were white CFWP and CTP). It was an edgy cool look yet soft and feminine at the same time. She was a more mature confident lady with a great attitude to match...she told me she never leaves home without her pearl studs and leather jacket, that and she along with her husband are riding their motorcycles down the Coast and that she is the one who got him into riding. I loved that!

Last edited:
I dunno...I'm just intrigued by them. Usually I just share some things I find because they just seem they might appeal to pearl lovers, but these are just different enough to intrigue me. I suppose visually I am attracted to the oddly unique jewelry :)

Share away. I am always intrigued to see the unusual and unique. I tend to analyze everything, that is all.

BlackPearlDudeDC: Oh, please keep posting cool stuff you find. I can drool over the jewelry, while still feeling that I could never wear it in my real life. I mean, I have entire books of tiaras, just to drool over the photos.

I like your perspective and analysis (its the data geek in me)

Share away. I am always intrigued to see the unusual and unique. I tend to analyze everything, that is all.

BWeaves each time I see a vintage hair ornament or tiara (less often these days) I think of you! I also used to do lots of sketching for modern tiaras and colored stones, but back then brides were less open to real gem tiaras and even less open to colored stones tiaras...alas Brides the only substantial audience for tiaras these days. Every lady should have one good Tiara. Bonham's every so often would get really interesting pieces up for auction and at reasonable prices...Bridal shops were scooping them up to rent out, I don't know if that is still the case. #BringBackTiaras...j/k.

BlackPearlDudeDC: Oh, please keep posting cool stuff you find. I can drool over the jewelry, while still feeling that I could never wear it in my real life. I mean, I have entire books of tiaras, just to drool over the photos.

I was thrifting and found a vintage Dior Silk Scarf giving to my mom for the holidays. This thread popped up, now I'm thinking might need to rethink the scarf, but I sent it off already...rats.

Back