CPAA Magical Gifts of Nature Display in Tucson

GemGeek

Pearlista
A few photos from the display...

Octopus pin, 14k rose gold with baroque cultured pearl, rhodolite garnet, amethyst and pink sapphire. On loan from A & Z Pearl. --Avi Raz is the master of creating one of a kind pearl jewelry.

A and Z Pearls.jpg

Emiko Pearls Birds. One keshi and three South Sea baroque cultured pearls set in 18k white gold with diamonds and rubies.

Emiko Pearls.jpg

Emiko Pearls Spider. Silver blue baroque South Sea cultured pearl set in 18k of white gold with diamonds.

Emiko Pearls Spider.jpg

Imperial Crown. A tiara made of one hundred seventy natural South Sea pearls, set in Platinum and diamonds. On loan from Imperial Pearl. --It's hard to tell from the photo, taken through a glass case, but the pearls are subtle shades of many colors.

Imperial Crown.jpg

More coming...

From Tri-Gem Pearls, South Sea baroque and keshi pearl necklace with diamonds...

Tri Gem Pearls.jpg

And my favorite-- Natural color large baroque freshwater cultured pearls set in 18k rose gold with three kunzites and 203 diamonds. On loan from Yen's Jewelry.

Yen's Jewelry.jpg

Tucson was terrific, as usual - a feast for the senses. In fact, it can get a little overwhelming at times. I kept hoping to get away for a nap, to no avail!

Blaire,

Thank you for posting such loveliness! What a great way to start an early day with such beautiful pearl photos and Chocolate hazelnut tea!

Cheers!

Blaire, how were these two put together - the lower necklace looks knotted but is the top one (crazy paving?) mounted somehow? They do look sumptuous

I wish they were better photos. Both necklaces are mounted. The top one has a metal framework and you just see the diamonds popping up through the pearls. The last one, you can actually see the rose gold claws holding the pearls, nearer the center where it's more in-focus. :)

Great photos! I must say, I love the birds too. ;)

Really beautiful pieces, Blaire! I love the birds but I really really love the spider! Bernadette - maybe Fred needs a friend?

Of the mounted necklaces - I would love to see them in a true neck shot, with gowns and styling to match. I think they are gorgeous.

Thanks for the photos!

Hmmm... I was typing from the CPAA program, which says the spider is white gold. I'm thinking the legs were rose gold, or maybe yellow, but definitely not white.

Here are the "Celebration Earrings" from the pearl design contest. Caitlin was saying to me "Where would you wear those earrings?" to which I answered "To the Academy Awards!". It turns out that someone will be wearing them to the awards show, YAY!
fireworks earrings.jpg

The Tri-Gem piece is beautifully executed. The spider is so well done it gives me the creeps. The birds are the epitome of cute. I feel sorry for people who don't like jewelry. Poor miserable bastards miss all the joys of being human.

GemGeek,

These are absolutely gorgeous. I love all but especially the Octopus. Pearls I always love but I also love the Octopus design with its buldging ruby eyes. The more I look at the spider the more I love that too. Such exquisite workmanship and the first necklace really does it for me too.

Oh, boy. These are stunners. Would love to drool all over them. The necklaces have gotten me into wanted to pull out huge pearls and start designing right now as late as it is here. But I will wait a couple of days and work it through in my mind first.

Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 - natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.

I think the celebration earrings would look fabulous on a tall brunette bride with an up-do that has soft-curled sections of hair strategically placed to look like they're falling out of the up-do, just like the bottoms of the earrings. I think they'd blend in too much with blond hair. OK, Ladies (or Gents???), who's tall, brunette, and getting married soon?

Hmmm... I was typing from the CPAA program, which says the spider is white gold. I'm thinking the legs were rose gold, or maybe yellow, but definitely not white.

Here are the "Celebration Earrings" from the pearl design contest. Caitlin was saying to me "Where would you wear those earrings?" to which I answered "To the Academy Awards!". It turns out that someone will be wearing them to the awards show, YAY!
View attachment 12059

I love the octopus and this pair (just for looking). My kids would laugh at me if I wear these. But the loudest laugh would be from hubby.

Honestly, after you get over the size, the earrings are delightful. Definitely for up-do or short hair. And I think they might work better on a petite wearer because they are meant to stand out.

Cathy, I think they would look terrific on you. Hubby would be more worried about what they would do to your bank account, methinks! :)

Back