Concho pearl?

Sea Urchin

This isn't mine, it's just ebay ad. I just wondered if "concho" pearls are a real thing. ?

I'll copy and paste as much as I can for when the ad is over:

$_57[1].jpg$_57[2].jpg$_57[4].jpg

Rare Concho Pearl and Diamond 14K Gold Ring for Mother's Day
Pre-owned
US $800.00
[ 0 bids ]
Item specifics
Condition: Pre-owned: An item that has been used or worn previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and ... Read more about the condition
Brand: Bart Man
Pearl Type: Freshwater Style: Solitaire with Accents
Main Stone Color: Lavender Metal: Yellow Gold
Country/Region of Manufacture: United States Metal Purity: 14k
Ring Size: 5.25

14-karat yellow gold ring with a 5 mm Concho pearl enhanced with a 1.8 mm single cut diamond.
This ring was purchased new from Bart Mann Jewelers in San Angelo, Texas in 1981. It was rarely worn and is still in new condition.

The Concho pearl can only be found in the freshwater rivers and lakes surrounding San Angelo. They are natural pearls. No one has been able to grow the Concho pearls domestically. Overzealous pearl hunters have killed so many of the muscles which produce the pearl and draught conditions have resulted in a significant reduction in the availability of the Concho pearl.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Concho...077?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae828e115

I have seen several natural Texas river pearls. Beige, pink and lavender. The nacre is lovely. :)

Very cool! I was impressed with the video. You learn something new every day!

Back