Christmas gifts...

john675

I thought you might like to see my purchases for Christmas gifts. I have three strands in the photo:
1) The top stand is Akoya baroque natural colored from Terry at TPO. I am really impressed with the nacre. It is a lovely, irridescent pale silvery blue.
2) The middle strand is south sea baroque from Jeremy at PearlParadise.
3) The bottom stand is Akoya baroque nature colored from a vendor in China that I have bought a couple things from this past year. These pearls are larger than in (1) above, but with a more pronounced blue color.

JohnStrands.jpg

I'm kinda proud of myself this Christmas. I think some people are going to be happy :D

John

Fabulous job John! What a terrific group of pearls!!! Your recipients are very lucky.;)

GemGeek said:
Fabulous job John! What a terrific group of pearls!!! Your recipients are very lucky.;)

Hi John,

I second Blaires thoughts! Better be prepared to buy matching earrings and bracelets for your ladies, as I am sure, they wish for sets. However, you are going to be their champion for a very long time to come, I think.:)

Thanks for the votes of approval! I have three older sisters to shop for each year and it can sometimes be a challenge. I think this time I'll be set. It would have never occurred to me to get anything but "traditional" white pearls before finding this site. These pearls have so much character...
John

Hi John,

That's a "10" on those great gift choices! The start of fabulous pearl wardrobes for each of them, thanks to a terrific guy!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Hi John,
Great pearls! I'm impressed with your choices. They show imagination and good taste. I think your sisters are going to be very happy this Christmas.

pearllove

Thanks John for sharing your success with us in finding such great presents for your sisters. Isn't Christmas a great season? It's so much fun to see what everybody gets, I love the Pearl Guide!
barbie

Back