bronze baroque pearls

eBay Pearls

eBay Pearls

Hi Karen,

These are definitely large baroque non-symmetrical pearls. The seller is lying about the color. These pearls most likely have been irradiated, which produces the bronze color. Dying pearls usually produces more of a black/green color, thus the reason I'd say they are irradiated. Freshwater pearls do NOT naturally come in this color. In my opinion, the color ruins the strand. Bronze is probably the worst treated color available, and the least sought after. On the other hand, if you're looking for bronze...

Also note that this strand would be considered an 11mm strand, since that is the smallest average dimension. Of course it can also be stated as 11x16.

The seller is in China, so be careful. You won't easily be able to return this strand if you don't like it or if the seller is being dishonest.

Last but not least, the seller has a low feedback rating and several bad comments. As with most Chinese eBay sellers, this seller continually misrepresents the products he/she is selling.

Thanks!

Thanks!

From a costume jewelry perspective, I like the look, but I can see how someone who knows a lot about pearls would not! Not to mention the integrity of the seller. Thank you for the lesson.

Karen

Back