Biggest pearls in the world and they are set as interchangeable necklace

Gorgeous bracelets; especially the graduated one!

Anna, Congratulations on your Pearl-Guide Anniversary ... and many thanks for all your gracious and lovely posts and photos!!!

Of course evrybody there knows what kind of pearls those wonders are ...

Attachments

• IMG_4431 Baselworld 2016 melo.jpg
    IMG_4431 Baselworld 2016 melo.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 38
Well, no answer for the name of these pearls above, really ???
Now, have you ever heard about the Gellner Maxima strand ?
http://www.gellner.com/#!maxima/c15qt
I will soon post photos I was allowed to take of this marvelous strand.

Yes, they are Melo, and such a size ! such a flame !

I just realized that this month is my 10th anniversary as pearl guide member !!! and I am over 1000 posts !

Woot! Congrats CliClasp!!! And thank you so much for sharing photos, can't wait to follow you through the rest of the journey!
And lol not that no one answered your melo question, but most people were probably asleep then!

As I cannot post tomorrow morning, this is the evening special release.
Enjoy the luster, the perfect skin, the size. Have you ever seen a 21 pearl necklace (well + 2 balls) let's say a 23 pearl necklace chocker? I did not see any spot or whatever as growth marks on this remarquable piece.
More photos to come and the whole story on how I could photo the necklace later.
Enjoy !
Anna

Attachments

• P1320381 Baselworld 2016 Gelner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    P1320381 Baselworld 2016 Gelner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
That WSSP strand is truly magnificent, thanks for sharing!

DK :)

Thank you.
More photos and the whole story on sunday :)

While we are all waiting impatiently for Anna's post, I'll interject briefly with a summary of today's MINI RUCKUS IN PARIS!!!

I was so happy to be able to rendezvous with my dear friend, our very own CliClasp. We started the day with an assortment of pastries from my favorite local boulangerie, but launched quickly into show-and-tell. I drooled over the fabulous colors of Fiji pearls, slated for projects as-yet-undetermined, as well as Anna's sleek, organic ring designs. When we last met, I had only made the octo in giant size, so I showed off an enameled version, a diminutive cousin, and a few of my more recent creations. Clyde looked on with glee. Though I think he was secretly lusting after the pastries...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 34
After bowls of my special Mariage Frères thé au lait, we took advantage of the lovely springtime-in-Paris weather (woo hoo, didn't get rained on today!) to peruse a new exhibit that just opened at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs, 300 years of fashion. A spectacular exhibit, even if there weren't too many pearls to be seen. Clyde was quite impressed by an 18th century silk monkey suit. I was enthralled by the opulent historical costumes. There was one yummy display of plique a jour art nouveau jewelry that stirred the cockles of my heart, accented by a small pearl or two. Apologies for the sideways photos...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 33
I was excited to have Anna deliver two new raspberry-textured chains for my collection of interchangeable pendants! They will look great with my labradorite piece you see me wearing in the photo below. Anna was wearing a gorgeous modular necklace of tiny keishi pearls, accented by Tahitian pearl interchangeable clasps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 32
I'm really excited about Anna's upcoming book on the history of clasps - it will be beautiful! Once the book is published, I have promised to be Anna's second-in-command on her American tour to help people understand her accent when she says "horse conch". Clyde and I were sorry to bid farewell...a lovely time was had by all!

Yes, another very successful mini-ruckus, indeed...

(AND, NO MATTER WHAT I DO, WE ARE, AND REMAIN, UPSIDE-DOWN. I TELL MYSELF THIS IS A COMPUTER GLITCH, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE 25,000 STEPS I WALKED TODAY OR THE PITCHER OF CIDER I HAD WITH MY CREPE TONIGHT. THE LOOK IS GROWING ON ME, ANYWAY...I'LL LEAVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO FIX, SINCE IT'S 12:48 a.m. PARIS TIME...)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 44
Constantly surrounded by brilliant artistic company, well traveled...and a pearl magnet. I have never been more jealous of a monkey in all my life!!!! In fact I am competing with Elphaba in my green coloration.

These pictures all of them are stunning, thank you Anna and Sheri for sharing. I wish I took great pictures like this. At this point I am just happy I can get them out of my phone and into a post here lol (I'm a techie geek, but I hate my phone)

Back