Biggest pearls in the world and they are set as interchangeable necklace

La Corsetiere .jpg

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

here you go.

Last edited:
Awww looks like another AWESOME mini-ruckus!!! So wish I could partake in it. :)
Clyde looks like he is having a ball and yes some antique monkey suit would look amazing on him!

LUV Anna's necklace and can't wait for the book release!
And Anna please keep us posted of the pieces you make with the Fiji pearls.

Please continue to post more photos Sheri & Anna!

Thank you Sheri for such a wonderful report of the marvelous time we had together. It was hard to leave ...
Tomorrow I will post another photo of the Maxima necklace and told the whole story ...

Last edited:
Now, the whole story ...
You may know that Baselworld (taking place in Basel Switzerland,) is the biggest fair of high end jewelry in Europe should I say in the world. That's the place where one can see the most beautiful and expensive jewels, the biggest and rarest natural pearls, the largest range of colored diamonds, the most wonderful paraiba tourmalines display (I am fond of this stone) and so and so.
3 years from now, I visited Baselworld (lots of photos of pearls here) :
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?7648-Photo-report-of-pearls-in-Baselworld
and I think it was time to visit again. I went to the Gellner's booth. I know well this german brand, I know they have very exceptionnal pearls as I happened to buy a real Kasumi necklace with their tag on 10 years ago (not a Kasumi-like, thought they are also fantastic) that can be seen here :
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...-Conch-the-Kasumi-and-the-hollow-Keshis/page2

Looking at Gellner's window I noticed a real big SS pearl necklace, of a size I only saw as a pair so far. And much to my (good) surprise the necklace was set as interchangeable necklace with a pave diamond interchangeable clasp (you noticed I am very fond of that type of closure, the best IMO).
Now I post the photo and the story to be continued later...
Enjoy your sunday.

Attachments

• P1320383 Baselworld 2016 Gellner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    P1320383 Baselworld 2016 Gellner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 48
I find the keshis with a Tahitian pearl really appealing!

Would love to have a interchangeable diamond ball clasp one day for nice strands of round WSSP and blue Tahitians.

DK :)

I like when pearl lovers love intechangeable clasps :) I have some available ... but not the place anyway

Awww looks like another AWESOME mini-ruckus!!! So wish I could partake in it. :)
Clyde looks like he is having a ball and yes some antique monkey suit would look amazing on him!

LUV Anna's necklace and can't wait for the book release!
And Anna please keep us posted of the pieces you make with the Fiji pearls.

Please continue to post more photos Sheri & Anna!

Thank you for encouraging me. Fidji projects include earrings and a bracelet, some for me, maybe not all, but will be hard to let these beauties leave...
For the book to come, I plan a realease for this Christmas, will inform the PG members ( and lots of pearls in it)

Story of the Maxima Gellner's necklace, 2nd episode.
So I saw this necklace with incredible size of SS pearls and came into the booth.
I applied for some Fidji pearls to purchase as an exception as I am not having a store, but I presented my desire as one of a pearl collector.
The lady told me to wait till she asked a manager if this special request was acceptable. I sat quietly in a sofa and wait. The lady get back to me and I asked : " what the judgment is ?" She silenced a moment, then the said :" Yes we agree because I saw love for pearls in your eyes"
Isn't fantastic ?!
Story to be continued ...

A another pic of the Maxima necklace, with the interchangeable clasp I easily opened, enjoy those wonderful and so perfect pearls.

Attachments

• P1320380 Baselworld 2016 Gellner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    P1320380 Baselworld 2016 Gellner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 45
Wonderful! Love that keshi & Tahitian necklace, and of course the stories in this thread. Looking forward to the next episode!

3rd epidsode.
After so many years waiting for this opportunity I could -at least - choose 10 Fidji pearls ; I choose 13-14 mm baroque ones and made some pairs suitable for earrings or whatever pairs are good for. It took a certain time making the selection, and when choice was made, I asked the authorisation to take a picture of the necklace in one of the windows, with the biggest pearls I ever saw. I was meaning authorisation to photoshot thought the window. Much to my (good) surprise, the lady opened the window and put the necklace on a table. That how things happened that I was able to photoshot the Maxima necklace. Opening and closing was very easy as it works as my interchangeable collections do (the best closure for pearls IMO).
Two diamond balls are finishing the strand, so 1 x 20 mm pearl in the middle plus 20 pearls about 19 mm. The 2 diamonds balls plus the diamond ball clasp itself reach to 20 carats of diamonds, for a 46 cm long strand.

So big, so beautiful, so perfect, great experience, next I will show my Fidji choice.
Enjoy

Attachments

• P1320382 Baselworld 2016 Gellner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    P1320382 Baselworld 2016 Gellner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 45
Nice, looking forward to seeing your Fiji choices!

And here are my 10 Fidji pearls, close to their "gran-sister" necklace. They are 13-14 baroque shaped ones, I tried some pairs of pistachio, bronze, chesnut colors and a deep blue big one. I rarely rush to make the mounting of my news purchases, I like to keep them for a while as a keepsake, and sometimes, I lasts one year ...
Will post a close-up later ...

Attachments

• P1320384 Baselworld 2016 Gellner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    P1320384 Baselworld 2016 Gellner anna tabakhova photo copyright.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 43
So pretty, please post more photos of the Fiji pearls.

Back