Back from a London journey, more stories about pearls

Sorry that no measurement is available.
The first oyster is a Pinctada Melegrina with a button pearl from Bahrain, Persian Gulf.
The second oyster is said to be "valves" of pearl oyster with baroque pearls from Shark Bay, Western Australia.
Very curious formation of little pearls as foam... as Mitsucats said.

Lisa C "I wish I had your knowledge "
I have no particular knowledge involved in this story, just picking up photos from Paris, London and Berlin museum and sort everything out to share it here.
I am just trying to show things never seen or rarely seen before.

More to come. Keep posted :cool:

Now look at these two.
Besides being very small and very big, where do they come from ?

Play again :cool:

Attachments

• CliClasp-PG-C34.jpg
    CliClasp-PG-C34.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 42
  • CliClasp-PG-C32.jpg
    CliClasp-PG-C32.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
So I missed giving answers, few of you replied, but I noticed we already reached 4044 readers on this thread !
And the thread on history of pearls with photos taken in Paris museum reached 8426 readers!
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/pearl-history/2755-how-old-pearl-play-again.html

So answers on photos above are :
- freshwater pearls from Scotland (probably pearls from river Tay)
- a big baroque pearl on its own pictada maxima shell, easier to find ...

Now the London tour is over but I collected photos of pearls and pearl jewelry in Museum when in Berlin, do I start a thread about, or are you bored of antics and culture :p?

Last edited:
I collected photos of pearls and pearl jewelry in Museum when in Berlin, do I start a thread about, or are you bored of antics and culture :p?
Bored? Never!
Do start please!

Last edited:
Yes so far away from you, but you've got utmost interesting things so far away from me, such as this one in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY :

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...id=-1&id=100000055918397&fbid=107074582637738
(for those interested in "story of clasps through ages", you can join the group)

anybody there in NY ???

I'm here in NY!
The Met has a fabulous collection of ancient jewelry. Although, I am a frequent visitor, I don't specifically remember the piece you've posted on facebook. I'll look for it the next time I'm there.

Gail

Back