Assistance replacing lost strand

Matt_95

Hi all,
I recently purchased a beautiful strand of tahitians for Christmas. Unfortunately they were lost in the post on their way into Australia. I’ve not been able to locate another strand with similar colours at the same price point. Does anyone have any recommendations, please? These were US$495 and 9-11mm. I’m hoping to stay around this price point because our dollar is currently quite low compared to USD and I have to pay tax on top of whatever I buy too.
If anyone could help me out I would be so appreciative.
Regards,
Matt

A44B4102-32E0-4F47-98A6-ADE62CEA5590.png

How disappointing!

1. Pearl Guide member Katbran is a pearl seller in Australia. Here are her Instagram and Etsy shop; you could DM her and see if she can find something like that for you, and it would not involve importing from outside Australia:

2. Many PG members have bought less-expensive Tahitians from WenPearls on Etsy:

3. Another Etsy seller I've heard good things about is KongsPearl:

How disappointing!

1. Pearl Guide member Katbran is a pearl seller in Australia. Here are her Instagram and Etsy shop; you could DM her and see if she can find something like that for you, and it would not involve importing from outside Australia:

2. Many PG members have bought less-expensive Tahitians from WenPearls on Etsy:

3. Another Etsy seller I've heard good things about is KongsPearl:
Thanks for the suggestions! I will reach out to Katbran and see what she has.
The other two vendors I have looked at but their strands do not look to be of a decent quality. I would rather spend slightly more if I need to. It is a shame that I only found out today that the necklace was lost. PP has a few strands that would have been a similar price with the discount.
I do have a strand of metallic freshwater on the way from PP so at least I will have those this week hopefully.

Ohh, that's upsetting!
I wish and hope you will find a suitable replacement.

Matt_95, I’m so sorry to hear about your package going astray. Katbran is wonderful to work with, and makes the most sense being in Australia. If you decide to pursue outside of Australia, CMW Pearls (Hong Kong) and Pearl Paradise (US) usually have a lot of temp strands to look at online. I have also purchased many times with Takahashi (Japan). They post photos on their Instagram pages, but I have made several purchases from their inventory that was not posted online.

There is also pearls from Cees (Instagram). He found me an untreated Akoya strand at a much lower price point than the untreated Hanadama. he also has many returning customers from Pearl Guide. But - I would try local Katbran first.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Unfortunately Katbran didn’t have any multicolour strands (although the ones she did have were beautiful and very well priced) so I contacted both Pearl Paradise and Cees to see if they had anything suitable. They both came back with some beautiful options, I ended up ordering a strand from each. They are coming unstrung without clasps and I will have that done locally when they arrive. I am thinking of creating 2 bracelets and a necklace so I have the option of combining them into a longer piece.

EE0B1405-4D74-4666-8461-361D44AFB884.jpeg
02C8B0AE-DBAC-4CC4-A637-469A610B5AE5.jpeg

They are both lovely, yet quite different from one another in shapes and colors. Do post photos when they arrive!

Back