Any comments on these naturals???

sulu sea

I have recently obtained these 3 natural pearls from the sulu sea region of the Philippines. Any comments would be appreciated.

The large whit is 13x17......22mm including the appendage[has anyone ever seen this before]

The amber is 10x15x5

the small white is 5mm

DSC_0297.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. The white ones look like tridacna clam pearls (gigas or squamosa). The amber one looks like a golden south sea that had some issues. :)

Addition pics of my natural pearls....previous post

Addition pics of my natural pearls....previous post

More pics of the pearls from my previous post

DSC_0279.jpgDSC_0273.jpgDSC_0282.jpgDSC_0287.jpg

Would agree that the larger one looks like Tridacna of some kind (likely gigas). The nacreous one looks more like a piece of heavily worked shell or at best a "blister" not a "blister pearl". Serious issues with it indeed!

Last edited:
You can easily see that the lines of growth go straight across from edge to edge, meaning that it is most likely a piece of shell that was carved. It would be very unlikely that someone would damage a blister pearl in this way. Orient is right. Maybe it had a bump on the shell and they were trying to make it look like a blister pearl.

Let's see a close-up picture of the little round one. Try shining a spot light from above and see if any pattern shows up. :)

Back