Andrew's Photography & Pearls

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing your expertise.

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!

Thanks, Andrew. I'll keep trying. Your studio shots of the ladies are dreamy.

I agree! They're some talented folks.

Andrew, now I understand why my photos are so awful. lol

Not at all! It's always a process and pearls are definitely among the hardest things to photograph.

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing your expertise.

It was lots of fun! Thanks to all of you here for reading :)

That was very educational and a fun read. Thank you Andrew!

This is so cool, Andrew. Thank you for taking the time to post this, and explain your thoughts! As a tragically Left-brained individual (medical profession, bio major, math tutor), I've always found mediums like photography very mystifying and intimidating. I've only experimented with natural indirect light photos, and a set-up with an inexpensive lightbox from Amazon (with who knows what kind of LED lights). I know there's a science behind this, but I didn't realize how much trial-and-error and experimenting go along with it. Your post is both educational and encouraging!

BTW your self-depreciation shows great humility, but you have to know.... your 'worst' picture on here would be one most of us would be super proud of!

This is so cool, Andrew. Thank you for taking the time to post this, and explain your thoughts! As a tragically Left-brained individual (medical profession, bio major, math tutor), I've always found mediums like photography very mystifying and intimidating. I've only experimented with natural indirect light photos, and a set-up with an inexpensive lightbox from Amazon (with who knows what kind of LED lights). I know there's a science behind this, but I didn't realize how much trial-and-error and experimenting go along with it. Your post is both educational and encouraging!

BTW your self-depreciation shows great humility, but you have to know.... your 'worst' picture on here would be one most of us would be super proud of!

You would probably get a kick out of knowing that the entirety of photo lighting is ratio and mathematically based -- angle of incidence, angle of placement, ratio of power from main to fill to tertiary light, etc.

I am pretty "middle brained," I have found, which I think is what makes the best photographers - there are those out there who focus too much on the numbers and the ratios and forget to make the art aspect, and likewise there are those who don't take the time or care to learn the technology and reasoning behind it and their photos don't look great.

But, nothing replaces good ol' "I wonder what this would look like..." :D

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, everyone!

Here's another treat for everyone - Rocio doing her thing once more. Can't wait to get some real pearls in action. She wears them so well.

Rociohzn.jpg

Love the pearl tutorial and love Rocio. I love everything about the last photo!

The last photo with the model is pretty amazing. You have the right side of her face in low light and the pearls and glowing!

Andrew, I think you have a niche market here - I mean pearls are hard to photograph, now, a portrait/headshot/profile pic WITH pearls where both the subject and pearls are photographed well, the overlapping area of the venn diagram is kinda tiny.

I think you need to offer up some of your time for headshot W/pearl sessions when you're at the ruckus next, or when you are at one of the PG hubs (NYC, LA, DC, OR, TX, to name a few)!

Andrew, I think you have a niche market here - I mean pearls are hard to photograph, now, a portrait/headshot/profile pic WITH pearls where both the subject and pearls are photographed well, the overlapping area of the venn diagram is kinda tiny.

I think you need to offer up some of your time for headshot W/pearl sessions when you're at the ruckus next, or when you are at one of the PG hubs (NYC, LA, DC, OR, TX, to name a few)!

This is a fun idea - I bet we could get a portable setup together and do photos of all the P-G'ers and their pearls at a Ruckus. How cool that would be. :)

A P-G hub! - That would be cool to be near one of them. If any of you are ever in the CO area... ;)

Thank you so much, Jeremy! That definitely means a lot.

Tonight, I'd like to introduce Jaden -- and here she is in some Natural White Hanadama pearls (8.5-9mm). She was astonished to wear them, firstly, because of how heavy and large they are and she also said they felt really luxurious and high end. She really enjoyed getting to do some shots with them.

Later, I'll have some more of Ari in a different outfit with some white pearls.

Jaden is a really great personal friend of mine, too. Now, I am pretty sure I have the most beautiful friends in the world, but it also makes me so happy to know that all of these ladies are great people, too.

(For some reason, the attachment hangs around in this post - please ignore, and see the next page for a much better version).

Attachments

• Jadenpearls.jpg
    Jadenpearls.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
[See the next page for the better res photo!]

Last edited:
Oh dear. Content Protected by Owner. We can't see the photo.

Back