Akoya and time.....?

IHEARTPEARLS

Hi everyone =) I am drooling over some Akoyas on PP. Stuck between Hanadama vs Natural white Hanadama I know the differences and treatments but I really wonder if you can really see a difference in luster?
Also does anyone knows if any white pearls gets yellowish overtime?
Lastly, at first I wanted to get a Tahitian strand but now I am thinking of a white classic . Since I have dark brown hair and tan skin I think white pearls would look best on me. What do you guys think?

Thanks for your help :eek:

The difference between Hanadama and Natural white Hanadama is that the Hanadamas are pinked and Natural Whites are not. It's your choice as to what color you like.

Tan skin can look gorgeous with Tahitians or white pearls. There are so many different colors of Tahitians that you really have to try them on to find out what you like. I bought and returned several strands of Tahitians before I found the perfect strand for me. There are also different colors of white pearls, so again, you have to try them on to find out what you like. PP has a good return policy, so you could buy 2 or three strands and try them on and return what doesn't work on your skintone.

White pearls can yellow with the passage of years. I'm not sure this can be prevented, even if you keep them clean, as pearls are porous.

Golden SSP also can look great on tan skin, and if they eventually yellow, it won't matter! :rolleyes: Moi, I'd go for the gold!

Last edited:
Akoyas will yellow if you keep them in a box for decades. I have my grandmother's akoyas from the 1950s and they are still white. They were worn every day by Nana and then by me for about 65 years. They are worn out from being worn everyday for decades, but they are really still quite wearable. Nana did NOT buy top quality pearls. It's just that I have newer, higher quality pearls, and I can tell the difference from looking at Nana's strands vs my new Hanadamas. Hanadamas should have thick nacre and last a long time.

I think you just need to start trying pearls on and see what YOU like on your skin. I have pinked, yellows, blues, whites, Tahitians. I love them all.

Back