A Mystery ....

CharmedOne

I really wanted so baroque pearls with so some to them to make into pendants. I purchased these from a family member of a small family jewelry store owner that closed 10 years ago. She has a nice stock of pearls they collected and she swears these are Tahitians. I didn't think that could be possible because they aren't black. The one with the black spot is 13MM by 12MM not including the extra part. The bigger one 26MM by 23 1/2MM and is 12MM thick. Can the seller be right about being Tahitians?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 26
This is the other one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 42
They look like south sea pearls. You can get white Tahitians, but not usually with yellow. Those are very cool. :cool:

Thank you both so much! I thought they were SS but the seller was adamant about it. Now to figure out a way to hang them ;)

Tricky, they are the sort of shapes you keep on the workbench and keep thinking - I need to do something special with them......errrrr

Yes I totally agree. The triangular shaped one reminds me of a sharks tooth I used to wear. It's was much bigger and it had silver all around the outside and a huge bail. I was doing a trade show back when I used to make and sell jewelry and this kid really liked my sharks tooth. His father asked me would I part with it. The little guy was so excited to have it. He was wearing this little tiny cute one :D He collected them by finding them on the beach. He was the cutest little thing lol I wonder if he still has it??

You made that kid very happy. I'll bet he has it in a treasure box if he isn't still wearing it. :)

That's a happy thought GG :) I'm a sucker for the little ones. It's so great to see them passionate about something other than video games.

Back