35" or 54"?

BritM, you are so right ... and there should be a secondary warning "Actually joining and talking to people on this forum (as opposed to just lurking and reading) will increase your risk factor a thousand fold" LOL. But in the most delightful way :)

How about 150 inch?
Just about to finish a 150 inch or 305 cm long strand with a harpoon system so one can decide different lengths or up to 6 bracelets

Attachments

• 150inch2.jpg
    150inch2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 150inch3.jpg
    150inch3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 36
DROOOOOLLLLL! Me want.

I think I just lost my ability to communicate.

What BWeaves said. Or meant to say, if she could communicate.

Ropes must just be in the air lately. What an amazing idea for versatility.

I love longer strands and to keep them straight when doubling or tripling I use a plain safety pin in the back to keep the rows in line. This works if I am wearing my hair down or if the pearls at the back of my neck will be hidden below a collar. If I wear my hair up then I have a few vintage pins I use instead of the safety pin. I also use decorative vintage pins if I want to "tie" them off to the side or get the W offside drape look at the bottom. Vintage pins/brooches seem to have longer pins that can catch 3 strands vertically so they don't bunch. This may be a tip covered before but I am new here and just dropping my 2 cents worth;)

Yes, Cees!!! I can picture six bracelets dangling from my arms and the lovely pearls gracing my neck!!!

Ok, that might require a neck of steel! My 50 incher gets heavy by end of day. Not that I wouldn't be willing to suffer mind you. That's a beauty!

Jersey Pearl. the pearls are not knotted but the stringing is done on a very flexible thin Japanese stainless steel cord and between each pearl is a silicon cushion.

Cees, are those silicone bumpers or knots between the pearl? The strands are fabulous!

rascalsally, welcome to Pearl-Guide!

Cees, that rope system of Tahitians is STUNNING ... I love the versatility! I always have my ropes strung, broken into 2 pieces with orbit clasp links, so I can wear each piece alone, 2 nested, or one long rope. I've even switched up during the day or evening, if the long rope gets in the way ... it becomes 2 nested quickly!

Welcome Rascalsally! Yes, people have talked about, and shown pins holding strands of pearls together, but more input would be MOST welcome. I have a rather large collection of nice gold/gem vintage pins not getting much love anymore, and would LOVE to see some photos if you could post ... I've had rather mixed success trying the pin idea.

I will say this about the harpoon clasp and bumpers: they make for a very comfortable wearing experience. :)

Last edited:
I love longer strands and to keep them straight when doubling or tripling I use a plain safety pin in the back to keep the rows in line. This works if I am wearing my hair down or if the pearls at the back of my neck will be hidden below a collar. If I wear my hair up then I have a few vintage pins I use instead of the safety pin. I also use decorative vintage pins if I want to "tie" them off to the side or get the W offside drape look at the bottom. Vintage pins/brooches seem to have longer pins that can catch 3 strands vertically so they don't bunch. This may be a tip covered before but I am new here and just dropping my 2 cents worth;)

Great ideas! Purrahna has used vintage pins as clasps and they are striking.

I thought they might be on fine wire..the weight of that would stretch just about anything ...I'm not sure that Beaders Secret would secure a strand that heavy without some movement. :D its a marvellous design that gives lots of options !

I'm with JP regarding the layout of the pearls. It's more interesting to me than graduating strands ..probably because it suits my lifestyle more.

Well, I just did the thing I didn't think I'd do, I went for a 54", after saying I wouldn't go that long. But, it was a bubble rope PP had listed for their clearance sale, and I've seen a number of members' bubble ropes and LOVE them.

So, after our discussions, WHEN I got an opera/rope, which was going to be a fairly long time, I was going to get a 40". I've now purchased one 35" blue baroque akoya and one 54" FW bubble rope, neither of which had I been thinking about at all. Ugh. And, I've more than tapped out my pearl budget, so I need to learn to start drooling from afar. But, I'm so excited!!

Back