18 months of pearls in one photo

Thank you for the kind comments, all.

Looking back at the old thread I am pleased I fairly fast channeled my pearl fund into more lasting treasures. I discovered I like salt water pearls best and that slightly baroque work great for me :) Affordable and round enough. Not a strand among these that I won't love for a long time, even in periods of not wearing them.

- Karin

My latest, last?, addition. I feel I have completed. At least for now.

WSSP. I don’t have them yet but this is the I pictures I used to decide what pearls to remove to shorten to 16” plus a glamour shot. Description is silver with rose overtones, I think.

76C75A7F-FC27-4F53-8563-97E6436AC8E2.jpg

- Karin

Wonderful wssp, KarinK. I can see that the pearls have a strong pink overtone. I look forward to seeing the neck shot.

Karin- I am looking forward to seeing your new strand! I ordered one as well, but I did the opposite of you. I chose the most baroque strand of the group. The pearls you are removing would fit right into my strand! I haven’t received it yet either...

Karin- I am looking forward to seeing your new strand! I ordered one as well, but I did the opposite of you. I chose the most baroque strand of the group. The pearls you are removing would fit right into my strand! I haven’t received it yet either...

Lol!

I might not have removed those if they had fit in better. As it is, I am happy I prefer 16".

I just took a picture of 4 of them, iPad quality but diffused light. I guess there is a slight yellow cast as rhe background should be white.

F1C7C56E-DCB5-4DF7-AADA-9CC8C551489E.jpg

This is the Kamoka strand, GSPP (obviously), blue Vietmese akoya and baroque Akoya. All are called off-round or baroque. There is a lot of sacings in not buying perfect round because they are round enough for me.

- Karin

Oooo, there's that gorgeous smoky clasp! I never forgot it.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 43
Hi Lisa!

My goal was to extend the strand enough to have some pearls left for a bracelet :) The square link is little diamonds in silver (cheapo quality) and the toggle is gold-filled from Bella Findings, on sale. The current look of the bracelet (interspaced with faceted opague rubies) doesn’t do it for me and I was going to merge them back into the necklace. But the bracelet pearls are the most off-round ones so they would mess with the apperance of round pearls that I like and I also really like the composition of the necklace. So I guess I need to do something different for the bracelet. Was thinking about getting some carved pearls. That way it will look more uniform and I will still know which pearls are the Kamoka ones.

I don’t have the budget right now, though, so it is just lying in the drawer of things I need to repair...

- Karin

Back