• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

18 months of pearls in one photo

KarinK

Thank you for the kind comments, all.

Looking back at the old thread I am pleased I fairly fast channeled my pearl fund into more lasting treasures. I discovered I like salt water pearls best and that slightly baroque work great for me :) Affordable and round enough. Not a strand among these that I won't love for a long time, even in periods of not wearing them.

- Karin

KarinK

My latest, last?, addition. I feel I have completed. At least for now.

WSSP. I don’t have them yet but this is the I pictures I used to decide what pearls to remove to shorten to 16” plus a glamour shot. Description is silver with rose overtones, I think.

76C75A7F-FC27-4F53-8563-97E6436AC8E2.jpg

- Karin

Pareltje

Wonderful wssp, KarinK. I can see that the pearls have a strong pink overtone. I look forward to seeing the neck shot.

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Karin- I am looking forward to seeing your new strand! I ordered one as well, but I did the opposite of you. I chose the most baroque strand of the group. The pearls you are removing would fit right into my strand! I haven’t received it yet either...

KarinK

Karin- I am looking forward to seeing your new strand! I ordered one as well, but I did the opposite of you. I chose the most baroque strand of the group. The pearls you are removing would fit right into my strand! I haven’t received it yet either...

Lol!

I might not have removed those if they had fit in better. As it is, I am happy I prefer 16".

KarinK

I just took a picture of 4 of them, iPad quality but diffused light. I guess there is a slight yellow cast as rhe background should be white.

F1C7C56E-DCB5-4DF7-AADA-9CC8C551489E.jpg

This is the Kamoka strand, GSPP (obviously), blue Vietmese akoya and baroque Akoya. All are called off-round or baroque. There is a lot of sacings in not buying perfect round because they are round enough for me.

- Karin

lisa c

Perpetual Pearl Student
Oooo, there's that gorgeous smoky clasp! I never forgot it.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 0

KarinK

Hi Lisa!

My goal was to extend the strand enough to have some pearls left for a bracelet :) The square link is little diamonds in silver (cheapo quality) and the toggle is gold-filled from Bella Findings, on sale. The current look of the bracelet (interspaced with faceted opague rubies) doesn’t do it for me and I was going to merge them back into the necklace. But the bracelet pearls are the most off-round ones so they would mess with the apperance of round pearls that I like and I also really like the composition of the necklace. So I guess I need to do something different for the bracelet. Was thinking about getting some carved pearls. That way it will look more uniform and I will still know which pearls are the Kamoka ones.

I don’t have the budget right now, though, so it is just lying in the drawer of things I need to repair...

- Karin