Anyone "need" a Cartier South Sea Pearl Choker? :)

lenahcpg

After a lovely brunch, my friend and I went to Cartier because she is thinking of getting the Cartier love bracelet. The SA was so nice in letting us try on a bunch of bracelets but my friend wanted to try on a diamond panther tassel necklace. I spied a South Sea pearl necklace and asked the SA about it. She suggested I try it on....of course I said yes!

I guessed that the pearls were about 18-19mm (it was 16.9-19mm) and came with a diamond ball clasp. The luster was quite nice and it was more creamy close up (I was upset I didn't bring my reading glasses with me).

The price? $660,000 :eek: :D

file-33.jpeg

You look amazing in that necklace. Better start saving!!!

My daughter works for Cartier and I've seen a similar strand of SSP in the store. I haven't tried any on, but they did let me try in an $800,000 diamond solitaire just for grins. Security made sure I didn't bolt for the door with it.

Wowza, those are huge. This may be terrible of me, but when pearls get that big and round and perfect, they start looking fake to me. I'm sure those looked amazing in person though, and I would not have thought it because of the real pearl glow.

Whoa!!! Those are huge!!! They look beautiful on you. I suppose these went on your wish list!

The price? $660,000

I wonder how much of that is the diamond ball clasp.

My daughter works for Cartier and I've seen a similar strand of SSP in the store. I haven't tried any on, but they did let me try in an $800,000 diamond solitaire just for grins. Security made sure I didn't bolt for the door with it.

I would have loved to try on that $800,000 diamond solitaire!

Whoa! I love it when jewelers let you try on stuff you'd never buy.

Whowza! How heavy was that gorgeous strand?

Waaaawwww!!!! I would totally wear that!!! Its like wearing a house on my neck!! Literally the price of a house!

Shoot, $660,000?

Think I got that laying around in the couch. :D

<jokes>

Back