Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are natural pearls and then there are GOOD, expensive natural pearls. There are cultured pearls that are dull and then there are Hanadamas, which are super shiny. Cultured pearls can be worn down to a barrel shape, too. It just depends on how much they are worn.

SydK: Nice fireball!

Comment

• Exactly Bweaves, it was such a wierd thing for a writer to write. Don't they need to check their facts?

Comment

• Catching up again...And really guys, how can we stay on ban island with such new beauties popping up here? You all look fabulous, and tempting. Forget an escape boat, it looks like there must be an island bridge to PearlMainland nearby.
        Last edited by lisa c; 08-05-2020, 05:28 PM. Reason: Oops sorry, way too soon to ask about 86C!

Comment

• Update: "Surgery took longer than expected. My surgeon was very meticulous & careful to make sure all the cancer cells were removed with a wide margin of clear cells. He went deep enough to determine that the cancer had not moved into the ligaments, tendons, or blood vessels in my hand. I have an over 2 inch incision & about 20 stitches or so. So the surgery was very successful & the doctor is pleased. For the next 2 weeks, I have to keep hand elevated & very minimal use...no pulling, pushing, lifting, or manipulation of the hand. He did say I could type on the computer for short periods as long as I use my right hand for hunt & peck only. Initial bandage has to stay on for 48 hrs & not get wet. I will be able to change the bandage Friday but hand cannot get wet til stitches come out in 2 weeks. So I will be mostly reading & not posting much for the next 2 weeks. So keep posting your beautiful pearls Ladies!! Kanaloa is indeed my protector & good luck charm!

Comment

• Glad to get your update, 86C! Sending warmest healing wishes your way. Glad to hear Kanaloa is watching out for you. XOXO

Comment

• Glad your surgery was successful, 86C. The key Pad on my iPad has gone insane so I just use voice to text wherever possible. You might try that.

Comment

• Thanks for sharing your good news, 86C. And more good news, no dish washing for at least 2 weeks!
                Last edited by Marianne; 08-07-2020, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• I am so happy that your surgery went well 86Corvettegirl. And so hope for a speedy recovery as well.

Comment

• Hurray for your good news, 86C!

Comment

• Good news 86C!!!

Comment

• Ventured off ban island, but in a very small and inexpensive way. I saw this necklace on the website of a local gold/silversmith/gallery owner and loved the handmade clasp. The pearls are nothing special cfw, but I thought I might be more inclined to wear white pearls if I didnít associate them with ďdress upĒ, and if I donít like them, Iíll just use the clasp with different pearls. ( I canít tell you how far I had to stretch my neck to straighten out the turkey wattle.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF7A36CD-310A-4B74-85CD-0B5E96E55D93.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	394523

Comment

• Very good news, 86C! Thank you for your update. I think you might have to change to tin cups, or stretchy bracelets, or something lighter for the next two weeks because Kanaloa would count as heavy lifting!

Parrot Lady, what a cool artisan clasp. I love local handmade designs and it looks perfect around your neck.

Charlotta, the early strands were softer more pastel colors. Today, there is more of a prevalence of vivid colors and/or metallic luster.
                          Last edited by jeg; 08-06-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Light and simple, wearing seashell earrings I made, with my Kojima Sparkle and Spice necklace.

Name:	C0E2E5DD-D431-4FA2-A280-DB7255097E4A.jpeg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	394524

Name:	AED35BA6-C19A-45CF-960E-59CA16F29873.jpg
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	394525

Comment

• Parrot Lady: That is a really cool clasp.

JEG: Those are nice and summery.

I got the Spring Petal pearl today from Kojima. It's very pretty with lots of iridescence, but I'm not in love with it as much as the other two pearls, so I'm sending it back.

Name:	74B2E66A-105B-4C3D-B237-8D2C2FEDA9B9_1_201_a.jpg
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	394526

On the Kojima website, it was called "Rippled Rainbow Chinese freshwater pearl pendant." It should be back on their website by next week.

Comment

• Very nice clasp and pearls Parrot Lady.
                                Jeg, I really like that sparkle and spice necklace. And thank you for the information of the edisons. I am so curious as how they get those deeper colors that we see today.
                                Pretty pendant Bweaves, but better that someone else buys it if you don't really love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X